Anybody have plans for the Mark .5 SS Toy

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

charlese
Platinum Member

Re: Anybody have plans for the Mark .5 SS Toy

Post by charlese »

Thanks, Skizzity and others!
I knew the plans were available somewhere on the net. I was looking for Neck Engler posts on the forum and was only thinking of going to the "Workshop Companion". You did good, Skizzity!

Although the written text is a bit rough, the diagram plans and cutting list are clear and sharp. They are listed about halfway down the Workshop companion forum discussion that's posted above.
Octogenarian's have an earned right to be a curmudgeon.
Chuck in Lancaster, CA
algale
Platinum Member

Post by algale »

Boy, I found those pdfs hard to read!

Has anyone built this? If you have, please post photos!

I saw Dusty was working on one per the linked thread. Did you ever finish it, Dusty?
Gale's Law: The bigger the woodworking project, the less the mistakes show in any photo taken far enough away to show the entire project!

JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

An excellent example of search engines not getting what is needed.

Search for mark .5 and you get mark 5 with no attention paid to the ".".

I know there is at least one thread relating to building a mark .5.
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
algale
Platinum Member

Post by algale »

Good old google image search for "shopsmith mark .5 toy" came up with this.

http://www.shopsmith.com/ss_forum/viewt ... 138#p70138

Gale's Law: The bigger the woodworking project, the less the mistakes show in any photo taken far enough away to show the entire project!

everettdavis
Platinum Member

Post by everettdavis »

There's a copy someone sent me some time ago at https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... nk1ZVl5eU0
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

everettdavis wrote:There's a copy someone sent me some time ago at https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... nk1ZVl5eU0
Kudos!!!
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
Nick3
Bronze Member

Post by Nick3 »

https://www.workshopcompanion.com/Mini- ... h-Plan.pdf

I put this up to help you folks that are participating in Okie Jim's Build-Along. It's been reformatted so you can easily print it out on ordinary letter-size paper. -- Nick
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

Welcome back Nick!!!!!!! Missed Thee!!!
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝