Today in the shop (saying good by to some tools)

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

reible
Platinum Member

Today in the shop (saying good by to some tools)

Post by reible »

I've been busy in my shop this year with a lot of reorganization and clean up and yes even parting with things. With two sons in the area I've managed to part with a couple of router tables and other tools. But some tools have just come to the point that I don't want them and neither do my boys. Selling them is just not my thing and I don't expect they would bring in much money anyway.

The latest is some nicad powered tools that have run out of batteries and the expense of replacement batteries is not worth it. I've replaced the tools with newer tools and li-ion batteries. So I gathered them up for a ride to the restore. A few other boxes of things like outside lamp, bathroom fan, small porcelain sink, x10 camera flood lamp and the like.

Made a run to goodwill yesterday with clothes, old computer parts, lcd monitor and many other items. Nice to gain a bit of space in the house and to have it out of the back of the van after a week or so of collection and storage there.

Feels like progress.
IMG_3127sc.jpg
IMG_3127sc.jpg (306 KiB) Viewed 3279 times
Ed
{Knight of the Shopsmith} [Hero's don't wear capes, they wear dog tags]
bobgroh
Gold Member

Re: Today in the shop (saying good by to some tools)

Post by bobgroh »

Feels good to get that stuff out of the house, doesn't it!! My wife and I make a trip down to the Thrift Shop every couple of weeks. We also have a Habitat for Humanity store close by that will take almost any and all construction and remodeling stuff - from lumber on up to old furniture, refrigerators, etc. No junk so the appliances have to work but otherwise great place to purge stuff.
Bob Groh
Blue Springs, Missouri (just east of Kansas City, MO)

--------------------------------------------
1984 SS Mark V updated to model 510
1994 SS Mark V updated to model 520
SS SPT's: Bandsaw
Other tools:routers, Bosch router table, Craftsman 6" jointer, Steel City 12" bench planer, Porter Cable 7" power saw, and too much other stuff (not really - just kidding!!)
reible
Platinum Member

Post by reible »

Habitat for Humanity store = Restore (at least in our area).

Now I have to find who takes the old batteries that are left over from the years. I was going to take them apart and sort the good batteries/cells (inside the battery pack there are cells) from the bad and make good sets but now that I got rid of the tools that is not going to happen nor does it need to.

Something to research while I stay out of the traffic and stores for the next few days.

Ed
sswoodworker48
Gold Member

Post by sswoodworker48 »

Home Depot and Lowes both take tool batteries to recycle. Menards likely does, also.
reible
Platinum Member

Post by reible »

sswoodworker48 wrote:Home Depot and Lowes both take tool batteries to recycle. Menards likely does, also.
Good to know, I have both stores near by.

Thanks!

Ed