How to Post a Picture

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

reible
Platinum Member

Re: How to Post a Picture

Post by reible »

Wes7373 wrote:Ed, how did you resize it on the iPhone? did you use the crop function in the edit function?

I used "Image Size" out of the app store. I use it to resize rather then crop so I have it set to the max width size here 1180 and let the other one go to what ever it goes to. With my iphone that is 544 x 1180. It has a lot of other function which I have not played with. For me if I can get the rotate and size I want then it is doing its job.

Ed
{Knight of the Shopsmith} [Hero's don't wear capes, they wear dog tags]
Wes7373
Gold Member

Post by Wes7373 »

Thanks, Ed. Looks like that app will do the trick! I'll try it.
WebTraveler13
Bronze Member

Post by WebTraveler13 »

other easy way is to use [img]imgur[/img] tag, upload pics to imgur and insert links between tag comma
garys
Platinum Member

Post by garys »

WebTraveler13 wrote:other easy way is to use [img]imgur[/img] tag, upload pics to imgur and insert links between tag comma
The problem with this way of posting is that if imgur or whatever host you choose decides to change the way they do things like Photobucket did recently, the images are lost forever from the post.
If you post the pictures directly to Shopsmith, they stay permanently with the post as long as the post exists.
Broken links are a frustration and posting to a third party site invites that.
Kane925
Bronze Member

Post by Kane925 »

Thanks I am new to this forum world. Never used or been on forum websites and their interface is hard to understand. Thanks for letting me know about this feature.
denny2
Bronze Member

Post by denny2 »

br549 wrote:After seeing this brought back to life, thought I might do an update with screenshots of what the procedure is with the other Board Preferences, namely ProSilver and SubSilver2. I also tried the Shopsmith1, and couldn't discern any real difference between it and the basic Shopsmith Board Preference.

With any of the Board Preferences, the same general limits apply as to picture size (2050 dpi max wide x 1180 dpi max tall x 2 MB max) and total of 10 pictures per post.

Each of the Board Preferences has its own look and feel, some showing more and some showing less info, or showing the same info in a different location or format.
This is a very good guide, but I need to know how to post directly from this https://gbapps.net/gbwhatsapp-apk/ app.
garys
Platinum Member

Post by garys »

Why do you want to post from whatsapp or any other app? The simplest way is to just post directly to the Shopsmith site the way it is set up to use.
ryanbp01
Platinum Member

Post by ryanbp01 »

Admin,
Please remove the last 2 posts
BPR
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

curtnorval wrote:How can I post a picture from whatsapp?
Why would anyone want to do that?
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
garys
Platinum Member

Post by garys »

I've never had an Apple device in my hands, but they should have the ability to resize and post pictures directly to the forum. I do have an Android tablet. It is a pretty crude and useless device compared to a computer, but it has the ability to resize pictures and if it had some kind of security that I could trust it to hold any of my pictures, it should be easy to post them directly to the forum.

Any device that uses a cloud somewhere for storage of files isn't a device I would ever trust. Apple has been hacked numerous times and leaked private information. You are much better off using a computer and shying away from any cloud storage. Keep your personal files personal and backed up at home if you care about them.