OnLine Shop Class

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

dusty
Platinum Member

OnLine Shop Class

Post by dusty »

I found this on the other forum and thought there might be some interested readers on this side. This sounds really good to me.

http://www.onlineshopclass.com/.
Platinum Member

OnLine Shop Class

Post by billmayo »

This is a great site. I joined because it covers basic woodworking topics that most sites assume you already know. It really helps to review the basic setups and topics before starting a specific project. You will notice that Shopsmith's Logo appears as one of the sponsors of this web site. Since the site has both a Shopsmith 520 and 500 available and are used in some of the videos, future videos will include alignments, setups and servicing of these Shopsmiths. Currently there are 9 Forum Topics available for questions and discussions. This is a site for members and will accept video on any woodworking topic that a member desires to record while doing the project.
I know that Dr. Dave and others has put their heart and soul into this site and we will see it continue to grow to accomodate the desires and wishes of its members. I am looking forward to all the new videos and taking part in the Forum questions and discussions.

Bill Mayo
wurlitzerwilly
Gold Member

Post by wurlitzerwilly »

The whole concept seems to work very well indeed, and I think the sponsors should be pleased with the results so far.

Amongst the topics is instruction on how to align a table saw and the first video uses the Shopsmith V520 as an example, so is useful to all of us here.

You get the added bonus of seeing my ugly mug on the promo video, on the home page of the site.:p
Regards,

Alan.
www.theatreorgans.co.uk
www.virtualtheatreorgans.com
Admin: UKShopsmiths Group
Theatre Pipe Organ Builder
ShopSmith V520 + Power Pro
paulmcohen
Platinum Member

Post by paulmcohen »

It wants referal information to signup, what do we put since I heard about it here?
dusty
Platinum Member

Online Shop Class

Post by dusty »

It sounds like I am the only one with a problem. I have signed up but I can't get online. My password and username are reported to be invalid. Guess I just have to be patient; today is only the second day I've tried to get on.
Unregistered

Post by Unregistered »

paulmcohen wrote:It wants referal information to signup, what do we put since I heard about it here?
Anyone on this forum is welcome to use me as a reference.

I am NOT on the management team, but I know the owner well, and I volunteered to make the promo video, when I was in the USA on vacation last year.

Regards,

Alan.
(http://www.theatreorgans.co.uk)
Unregistered

Post by Unregistered »

[quote="dustywoodworker"]It sounds like I am the only one with a problem. I have signed up but I can't get online. My password and username are reported to be invalid. Guess I just have to be patient]
I have just spoken with the webmaster, who apologises and says that this is a glitch, which they are on to, and will be fixed tomorrow as the software author is away for the weekend.

Regards,

Alan.
wurlitzerwilly
Gold Member

Post by wurlitzerwilly »

Unregistered wrote:Anyone on this forum is welcome to use me as a reference.

I am NOT on the management team, but I know the owner well, and I volunteered to make the promo video, when I was in the USA on vacation last year.

Regards,

Alan.
([url=http://www.theatreorgans.co.uk)]www.theatreorgans.co.uk)[/url]

Sorry I appear as "unregistered" in my last two replies, I forgot to login. Oops. :o
Regards,

Alan.
www.theatreorgans.co.uk
www.virtualtheatreorgans.com
Admin: UKShopsmiths Group
Theatre Pipe Organ Builder
ShopSmith V520 + Power Pro
hfmann
Gold Member

Post by hfmann »

Alan,

Is this online shop class a ShopSmith sponsored class. In other words, will all the tools used be ShopSmith. Or is it merely coincidental that the promo video shows Shopsmith.

thanks,
Hal
deanthom
Gold Member

Post by deanthom »

Shopsmith is ONE of the sponsors (if you visit the site, you'll be able to see that clearly), not the sole sponsor.

Part of the point of the site is to help folks pick up skill sets that they are lacking or to sharpen those that they already have. More people than just Shopsmith owners want to gain new skills and improve existing ones.
Dean Thomas
KCMO
520, jointer, bandsaw, stripsander