OnLine Shop Class

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

wurlitzerwilly
Gold Member

Post by wurlitzerwilly »

hfmann wrote:Alan,

Is this online shop class a ShopSmith sponsored class. In other words, will all the tools used be ShopSmith. Or is it merely coincidental that the promo video shows Shopsmith.

thanks,
Hal

The promo video doesn't just feature Shopsmith, although they are one of the sponsors.

Look closely and you'll see that there are other tools in use, even though their name is not prominent. You'll also see that CutListPlus software is another sponsor. Look for the spring loaded pin punch and the stand-alone biscuit jointer, which is certainly not Shopsmith. That pin punch doesn't look much at first sight, but it is awesome to use and saves "thumbs" and "dints".

There are two setup videos for table saws, one of which is Shopsmith, the other is Ryobi.

AFAICS there's plenty of variety in tools and projects. I haven't had time to view all of the other contributors' videos, but there's been plenty to keep me interested in what I've viewed so far.
Regards,

Alan.
www.theatreorgans.co.uk
www.virtualtheatreorgans.com
Admin: UKShopsmiths Group
Theatre Pipe Organ Builder
ShopSmith V520 + Power Pro
hfmann
Gold Member

Post by hfmann »

Thanks Alan,

I was thinking that maybe this was an online Shopsmith Academy type program. But I see now that it covers techniques and tools outside the specific utilization of SS equipment.

Thanks again,
Hal