Dead brand new Powerpro

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

JPG
Platinum Member

Re: Dead brand new Powerpro

Post by JPG »

Backward COMPATIBILITY!

Kinda hard to run the jointer with no idler shaft.

It was an upgrade, not a redesign.

Considering the rational definition of the goal, I think an excellent job was done.

Compromises, as necessary, sure, but backward compatibility was not one of them.
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
number3456
Gold Member

Post by number3456 »

Here’s the latest, the shipping box not here. I’s not showing up until Tuesday so the earliest I’ll be able to ship my headstock back is Wednesday so who knows when I when will actually have a headstock I can use........
520 now upgraded to Mark 7, 520 "shorty", 500 converted to a dedicated drill press.
2 - bandsaws, jig saw, belt sander, strip sander, 4" Jointer, planer, air compressor.
ClearVue dust collection system.
beeg
Platinum Member

Post by beeg »

Should have gotten a loaner or do they do that with the PP?
SS 500(09/1980), DC3300, jointer, bandsaw, belt sander, Strip Sander, drum sanders,molder, dado, biscuit joiner, universal lathe tool rest, Oneway talon chuck, router bits & chucks and a De Walt 735 planer,a #5,#6, block planes. ALL in a 100 square foot shop.

Bob
sawmill
Gold Member

Post by sawmill »

beeg wrote:Should have gotten a loaner or do they do that with the PP?
They should have sent a new one in the box and have him send his old one back
dusty
Platinum Member

Post by dusty »

sawmill wrote:
beeg wrote:Should have gotten a loaner or do they do that with the PP?
They should have sent a new one in the box and have him send his old one back
I wholeheartedly agree.
"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty
Sent from my Dell XPS using Firefox.
number3456
Gold Member

Post by number3456 »

Ya I am going to contact them and see if they will send me a headstock to swap with the one I am sending back.
520 now upgraded to Mark 7, 520 "shorty", 500 converted to a dedicated drill press.
2 - bandsaws, jig saw, belt sander, strip sander, 4" Jointer, planer, air compressor.
ClearVue dust collection system.
EliWalton
Gold Member

Post by EliWalton »

Maybe instead of a Shopsmith, they sent you s "Stopsmith." (sorry... could not help myself...)

Ely :>)
rpd
Platinum Member

Post by rpd »

EliWalton wrote:Maybe instead of a Shopsmith, they sent you s "Stopsmith." (sorry... could not help myself...)

Don't say that too loudly, ;) Steven Gass (SawStop) will be suing you for infringement. :D
Ron Dyck
==================================================================
10ER #23430, 10ER #84609, 10ER #94987,two SS A-34 jigsaws for 10ER.
1959 Mark 5 #356595 Greenie, SS Magna Jointer, SS planer, SS bandsaw, SS scroll saw (gray), DC3300,
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

rpd wrote:
EliWalton wrote:Maybe instead of a Shopsmith, they sent you s "Stopsmith." (sorry... could not help myself...)

Don't say that too loudly, ;) Steven Gass (SawStop) will be suing you for infringement. :D
I think SS should sue Gass(or his corporate successor) over trademark infringement by his using Two capitol 'S'es in his trademark. :( :rolleyes: :D
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
rpd
Platinum Member

Post by rpd »

JPG wrote:
rpd wrote:

I think SS should sue Gass(or his corporate successor) over trademark infringement by his using Two capitol 'S'es in his trademark. :( :rolleyes: :D
Probably best just to "damn him for sewage’s". ;)
Ron Dyck
==================================================================
10ER #23430, 10ER #84609, 10ER #94987,two SS A-34 jigsaws for 10ER.
1959 Mark 5 #356595 Greenie, SS Magna Jointer, SS planer, SS bandsaw, SS scroll saw (gray), DC3300,