so much for

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

davebodner
Gold Member

Re: so much for

Post by davebodner »

rpd wrote:
davebodner wrote:That's the scariest photo I've seen in a long time.

Generally, I'm quite happy with our Canadian friends to the North. But, I think they owe us an apology for this!
I was listening to a meteorologist* on the radio the other day, and he said the cold Arctic outflow air originates in Siberia, and comes over the pole. Sounds like a good excuse to Blame The Russians. ;)
Ah, so maybe it's the Russians responsible for the attack across the 49th parallel. Or, perhaps there's another culprit for the Polar Vortex. A fat man in a red suit, perhaps?
P89DC
Gold Member

Post by P89DC »

The Warmist Creed:
When water freezes, it's "weather".
When ice melts it's Global War...errr...."Climate Change".
1986 510, jointer, bandsaw, belt sander, scroll saw, jigsaw and lots of accessories. Shopsmith woodworking bench too!
davebodner
Gold Member

Post by davebodner »

It's all weather. How often particular weather occurs is climate.

And, yes, we're warming the atmosphere by increasing its CO2 content. I wish it weren't true, but reality doesn't care what I wish for.
P89DC
Gold Member

Post by P89DC »

davebodner wrote:...I wish it weren't true, but reality doesn't care what I wish for.
You've been manipulated by the failed NOAA/NASA models. None of their bombastic predictions have come true, quite the opposite. A good example is the "endless drought" predicted for California in 2014 that failed spectacularly this year. Orville Dam didn't get needed upgrades thanks to those failed models....
1986 510, jointer, bandsaw, belt sander, scroll saw, jigsaw and lots of accessories. Shopsmith woodworking bench too!
davebodner
Gold Member

Post by davebodner »

P89DC wrote:
davebodner wrote:...I wish it weren't true, but reality doesn't care what I wish for.
You've been manipulated by the failed NOAA/NASA models. None of their bombastic predictions have come true, quite the opposite. A good example is the "endless drought" predicted for California in 2014 that failed spectacularly this year. Orville Dam didn't get needed upgrades thanks to those failed models....
I daresay neither you nor I are qualified to sift through the mounds of data and make that call. So, I have to rely on the scientific organizations in the US and around the world that are pretty much in universal agreement on this issue.

Ignoring the issue of lack of qualifications, however, I have to ask: Given that we have known for 100 years that CO2 is a greenhouse gas, by what mechanism is CO2's increase in the atmosphere counteracted? How is an increase in average temperature avoided?
thunderbirdbat
Platinum Member

Post by thunderbirdbat »

The local radio station where my parents live lists the record high and low each day as part of the weather report. I find it hard to accept the new theories on the weather patterns when both the record high and low for a given day are more than a hundred years ago.
Brenda

1998 510 upgraded to a 520, upgraded to power pro with double tilt and lift assist.
1998 bandsaw
2016 beltsander
jointer
overarm pin router
Ed in Tampa
Platinum Member

Post by Ed in Tampa »

I read an article about 5 years ago that made the case that global warming would actually make the most northern and the most southern part of World a frozen waste land and mid United States down to the Equator a desert. The same on the south side of the equator. The article explained the logic of it all and reading it made sense. But I can not remember the logic behind it. The so called melting of the ice caps was an expected phemonina of the process which will occur early in the warming process but as green house gases get denser this will reverse and the freezing will overcome the melting.
skou
Platinum Member

Post by skou »

Guys, "global warming" or "Climate change" is for real!

Now, the REAL question, is it natural or man-made?

Sorry to get political here, but AlGore SCREAMED
global warming, and got an Emmy, Webby, Clio,
Oscar, and a Nobel Prize for it. You want to see
some REAL shockers, look at AlGore's carbon footprint,
versus George W (Dubya) Bush's house's footprint.
(I may have left out a BUNCH of other prizes Gore
got. I'm sorry)

steve
10 ER, stripped down.
Basic 10ER, Parts machine. Will be a semi-dedicated drill-press machine.
10 ER, a "survivor" of the trailer fire, in the back yard, needing restoration. Has a Mk5 headrest. Finally, stripped down.
Numerous parts, for Model 10 stuff. Except for lower saw guard, A and B adapters, I've got it.

Looking for one more, or some 9 inch extension table raisers.
reible
Platinum Member

Post by reible »

Some say the world will end in fire,
Some say in ice.
From what I’ve tasted of desire
I hold with those who favor fire.
But if it had to perish twice,
I think I know enough of hate
To say that for destruction ice
Is also great
And would suffice. —Robert Frost
{Knight of the Shopsmith} [Hero's don't wear capes, they wear dog tags]
Hobbyman2
Platinum Member

Post by Hobbyman2 »

thunderbirdbat wrote:The local radio station where my parents live lists the record high and low each day as part of the weather report. I find it hard to accept the new theories on the weather patterns when both the record high and low for a given day are more than a hundred years ago.

==============
They say we have warmed 1/10 f 1 deg fht in the last 1000 years , I remember not so long ago ,, a few years before the blizzard of 78 ,,,we were told we were going into a ice age then the blizzard hit.

the ocean actually absorbs most of the co2 , what they seem to leave out is moisture content in the atmosphere , do away with the rain forest and you release a lot of it fast , once it settles out things will change again.

he first rise in CO2 happened with out man kind .

bottom line is the climate scientist had botched the info in order to secure their funding,,,,,it is in the emails ,,, there was a article on tv a week or so ago about tracking a waring area in the gulf of mexico , theorist are now saying it is caused by the oil spill from the deep horizon that is blanketing the bottom of the gulf .
=======================================

https://www.theguardian.com/environment ... s-analysis

To: "Michael E. Mann" <mann@xxxxxxxxx.xxx>
Subject: HIGHLY CONFIDENTIAL
Date: Thu Jul 8 16:30:16 2004

Mike,
... I can't see either of these papers being in the next IPCC report. Kevin and I will keep them out somehow - even if we have to redefine what the peer-review literature is !
Cheers
Phil

Date: Tue, 16 Nov 1999 13:31:15 +0000
Dear Ray, Mike and Malcolm,
...I've just completed Mike's Nature trick of adding in the real temps to each series for the last 20 years (ie from 1981 onwards) and from 1961 for Keith's to hide the decline.
Cheers
Phil

----------------

Not trying to convince any one one way or another , just saying the evidence strongly says we were lied to ,, or protected from the truth.
Hobbyman2 Favorite Quote: "If a man does his best, what else is there?"
- General George S. Patton (1885-1945)