Post by davebodner »

I hope that's your morning low.
P89DC
Gold Member

Re: so much for

Post by P89DC »

davebodner wrote:
P89DC wrote:
davebodner wrote:...I wish it weren't true, but reality doesn't care what I wish for.
You've been manipulated by the failed NOAA/NASA models. None of their bombastic predictions have come true, quite the opposite. A good example is the "endless drought" predicted for California in 2014 that failed spectacularly this year. Orville Dam didn't get needed upgrades thanks to those failed models....
I daresay neither you nor I are qualified to sift through the mounds of data and make that call....
The last desperate cry of the Warmists. As if we are unqualified to look back at the bombastic NASA/NOAA predictions and evaluate the results. It would be funny if it wasn't so pathetic.

They said it's the end of snow in the Rockies, we get record snow falls. The said it's an endless drought in Cali, they get record rains and almost collapse a dam which would have killed thousand (because there's no need for an evacuation plan, it's never gonna rain).

The "record" highs are the result of data manipulation. NASA/NOAA have adjusted the temperature readings to make them fit the models. They aren't denying it, they refuse to give the scientific justification for the adjustment. Being a High Priest in the Warmist Church means never having to explain yourself.

Don't be afraid to evaluate the science and become informed. The Musk/Gore wing of the Warmist Church are literally making billions off of this scam....
1986 510, jointer, bandsaw, belt sander, scroll saw, jigsaw and lots of accessories. Shopsmith woodworking bench too!
P89DC
Gold Member

Post by P89DC »

Ed in Tampa wrote:...The so called melting of the ice caps was an expected phemonina of the process which will occur early in the warming process but as green house gases get denser this will reverse and the freezing will overcome the melting.
This is so sad, how could anyone believe this tripe? The ice caps haven't melted, they're at record levels. But when 1/2 of the prediction failed (ice caps melting), they moved right into claiming the record low temps are really just part of the warming trend. Come on, use a little critical thinking!

I am an engineer, I use models to design integrated circuits. If the modeling team came out with this kind of story to explain their failed models they'd be fired.
1986 510, jointer, bandsaw, belt sander, scroll saw, jigsaw and lots of accessories. Shopsmith woodworking bench too!
Billdit
Gold Member

Post by Billdit »

The same folk that can not get the 20 day forecast right are wanting us to believe they are right about the 20 year and on out forecast... and that they know the earth has warmed 1/10 of one degree in last 1000 years... 1000 years ago the earth was flat.
Bill

Mark V 1981 upgraded to 520 and PowerPro, w/ Band Saw, Belt Sander, Jointer, Jigsaw, and a bunch of previous owners 1980's jigs, accessories, and unknown parts.
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

Billdit wrote:The same folk that can not get the 20 day forecast right are wanting us to believe they are right about the 20 year and on out forecast... and that they know the earth has warmed 1/10 of one degree in last 1000 years... 1000 years ago the earth was flat.
And the earth revolved around the sun! :D

All this CO2 paranoia! How much was released by Krakatoa? Orr out west a few years back(St. Helens).
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
davebodner
Gold Member

Post by davebodner »

Billdit wrote:The same folk that can not get the 20 day forecast right are wanting us to believe they are right about the 20 year and on out forecast... and that they know the earth has warmed 1/10 of one degree in last 1000 years... 1000 years ago the earth was flat.
There's no contradiction. Let's look at dice. I can't predict the next 10 rolls of a die. But, I can pretty confidently predict that over a thousand rolls each number will come up roughly 17%.

If I load the die to favor the 3, I can predict an increase in 3s. I still can't predict each roll, though.
P89DC
Gold Member

Post by P89DC »

davebodner wrote:...If I load the die to favor the 3, I can predict an increase in 3s. I still can't predict each roll, though.
In some strange, disconnect way, this is what passes for a defense of Global War...errrr....Climate Change by Warmists. Warmism isn't science it's politics, silly defenses such as this are proof.

The Left sees it as a way to control the economy. They failed with Obamacare, now we need to crush this crap before it destroys America's economy. We owe it to our children....
algale
Platinum Member

Post by algale »

It's been a while since we had a new member join our Forum and start throwing bombs around so quickly. I can hardly wait to see how this all plays out. :rolleyes:
Gale's Law: The bigger the woodworking project, the less the mistakes show in any photo taken far enough away to show the entire project!

davebodner
Gold Member

Post by davebodner »

P89DC wrote:
davebodner wrote:
P89DC wrote: You've been manipulated by the failed NOAA/NASA models. None of their bombastic predictions have come true, quite the opposite. A good example is the "endless drought" predicted for California in 2014 that failed spectacularly this year. Orville Dam didn't get needed upgrades thanks to those failed models....
I daresay neither you nor I are qualified to sift through the mounds of data and make that call....
The last desperate cry of the Warmists. As if we are unqualified to look back at the bombastic NASA/NOAA predictions and evaluate the results. It would be funny if it wasn't so pathetic.

They said it's the end of snow in the Rockies, we get record snow falls. The said it's an endless drought in Cali, they get record rains and almost collapse a dam which would have killed thousand (because there's no need for an evacuation plan, it's never gonna rain).

The "record" highs are the result of data manipulation. NASA/NOAA have adjusted the temperature readings to make them fit the models. They aren't denying it, they refuse to give the scientific justification for the adjustment. Being a High Priest in the Warmist Church means never having to explain yourself.

Don't be afraid to evaluate the science and become informed. The Musk/Gore wing of the Warmist Church are literally making billions off of this scam....
I don't know where you're getting these predictions from. The ones I see aren't nearly as specific, nor do I think most climatologists would've been so bold as to say that the California drought would never end, or anything similarly specific. Increasing levels of drought, sure.

You're alleging malfeasance on the scale of a global conspiracy, not just national. That's preposterous. When even ExxonMobil has seen the light, it's probably time to put away the conspiracy theories. http://corporate.exxonmobil.com/en/curr ... r-position