so much for

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

Hobbyman2
Platinum Member

so much for

Post by Hobbyman2 »

Global warming , it is dangerously cold out in these parts , hope every one stays safe and has a way to keep their pets warm
Hobbyman2 Favorite Quote: "If a man does his best, what else is there?"
- General George S. Patton (1885-1945)
dusty
Platinum Member

Re: so much for

Post by dusty »

Hobbyman2 wrote:Global warming , it is dangerously cold out in these parts , hope every one stays safe and has a way to keep their pets warm
"Global Warming" is no longer the buzz word.
"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty
Sent from my Dell XPS using Firefox.
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

dusty wrote:
Hobbyman2 wrote:Global warming , it is dangerously cold out in these parts , hope every one stays safe and has a way to keep their pets warm
"Global Warming" is no longer the buzz word.
How about "climate change"? ;)

Regardless of what is causing it, it is occurring.
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
robinson46176
Platinum Member

Post by robinson46176 »

The key to understanding global warming is the word "global"... That does not mean within 5 miles of my Lazy-Boy. Last year when many were hollering it was not real because there was snow in their yards much of the southern hemisphere was absolutely burning to a crisp... "Global"...
--
farmer
Francis Robinson
I did not equip with Shopsmiths in spite of the setups but because of them.
1 1988 - Mark V 510 (bought new), 4 Poly vee 1 1/8th HP Mark V's, Mark VII, 1 Mark V Mini, 1 Frankensmith, 1 10-ER, 1 Mark V Push-me-Pull-me Drillpress, SS bandsaw, belt sander, jointer, jigsaw, shaper attach, mortising attach, TS-3650 Rigid tablesaw, RAS, 6" long bed jointer, Foley/Belsaw Planer/molder/ripsaw, 1" sander, oscillating spindle/belt sander, Scroll saw, Woodmizer sawmill
algale
Platinum Member

Post by algale »

Soon there will be more sand for folks to bury their heads in....
Gale's Law: The bigger the woodworking project, the less the mistakes show in any photo taken far enough away to show the entire project!

reible
Platinum Member

Post by reible »

algale wrote:Soon there will be more sand for folks to bury their heads in....
But not at the beach?
{Knight of the Shopsmith} [Hero's don't wear capes, they wear dog tags]
algale
Platinum Member

Post by algale »

reible wrote:
algale wrote:Soon there will be more sand for folks to bury their heads in....
But not at the beach?
The beach may be moving inland!
Gale's Law: The bigger the woodworking project, the less the mistakes show in any photo taken far enough away to show the entire project!

Hobbyman2
Platinum Member

Post by Hobbyman2 »

So if it thaws before spring will we have another el nino , , according to the alarmist the pole's were supposed to be gone by now.

All I know is its dangerously cold out all across most of the northern states and record snow falls have been happening .
http://bgr.com/2017/12/28/erie-snow-rec ... y-weather/
garys
Platinum Member

Post by garys »

"Dangerously cold" isn't the correct term any more than "Global Warming", or "Climate change". People tend to forget that the right term is "normal Winter weather".
My thermometer is at -25 this morning and that is not unusual. It has been in that range since Christmas Eve, and isn't likely to change soon. I'm just hoping that it doesn't get "dangerously cold" (-45 or so) before it warms up again!
Hobbyman2
Platinum Member

Post by Hobbyman2 »

was in Superior WI a few years ago with a truck load of produce,,,, it was -45 with out the wind chill , ,the heater in the trailer was running non stop to keep the produce @ 43 deg fht,,had two pallets under the produce so the bottom layer didnt freeze , woke up and there was frost on the inside walls of the truck , if your ready and prepared for it it is doable, trouble is around here people are still wearing tennis shoes and driving on plain radial tires like its summer .