I am out of patience!

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

Hobbyman2
Platinum Member

Re: I am out of patience!

Post by Hobbyman2 »

Ed I'm not sure how to reply,,
I agree with you and you make a lot of sense .

In my situation ,,, I started with 0.00 ,I used utility bill money for a month to get me going,,it set me behind ,,,I had nothing but a serious want to own my own business,,and several years in the field ding the same work for some one else, a lot of training and certifications , I seen how other business were being run into the ground, and that my family's future in any ones small business was not very secure ,,, almost all HVAC business were / are small business .

It was tough getting over the hump , I found places to buy some parts that were less expensive and the quality was just as good .
It takes a lot of dedication and a lot of self discipline . a lot of searching for the right place to buy parts as what parts to sell.

I do know word of mouth and taking care of customers,,on time service ,,,thats what kept the parts flowing and what made money, not just for me , business is not limited to what you sell its as much as what and where you buy it .

It doesnt take that long and word gets out that parts are all ways there,,good quality, and shipping is fast,,,, your customer base will increase very rapidly over a foreign made competitive product that parts are hard to find or no longer available , JMO

SS has a advantage over a lot of companies in that they offer some parts for their older equipment , another is no one seems to make after market parts ,,,if word got out they could ship fast ,,,,they wold have a very good niche .
JMO
Hobbyman2 Favorite Quote: "If a man does his best, what else is there?"
- General George S. Patton (1885-1945)
dusty
Platinum Member

Post by dusty »

My concern and frustration was unnecessary and uncalled for.

My order shipped today after being in-process only four days. This happened even though the status was "should ship in a few days".
Status changed today, "Shipped" Should have it by Monday close of business.

Ordered online on the 27th, status today (31st) shipped.
Last edited by dusty on Thu Feb 01, 2018 6:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty
Sent from my Dell XPS using Firefox.
Hobbyman2
Platinum Member

Post by Hobbyman2 »

Just seen where they are hiring for assembly or production in Dayton, hope they pace them selves lol

Glad to see there is still life in the old place.
Hobbyman2 Favorite Quote: "If a man does his best, what else is there?"
- General George S. Patton (1885-1945)
cooch366
Gold Member

Post by cooch366 »

This is very encouraging. Looks like they want to be around for a long long time
F55F5E7E-AA67-411A-AAA2-FEB1381AA7F5.png
F55F5E7E-AA67-411A-AAA2-FEB1381AA7F5.png (85.64 KiB) Viewed 7339 times
8726DB73-D7AF-4637-91C0-4A1CB96FE90F.png
8726DB73-D7AF-4637-91C0-4A1CB96FE90F.png (42.93 KiB) Viewed 7339 times
jsburger
Platinum Member

Post by jsburger »

cooch366 wrote:This is very encouraging. Looks like they want to be around for a long long time

F55F5E7E-AA67-411A-AAA2-FEB1381AA7F5.png

8726DB73-D7AF-4637-91C0-4A1CB96FE90F.png
That is extremely encouraging! It looks like Bob is listening to us here.
John & Mary Burger
Eagle's Lair Woodshop
Hooper, UT
ChrisNeilan
Platinum Member

Post by ChrisNeilan »

This is encouraging. By the way, last week I finally did get my November order along with an apology.
Chris Neilan

Shopsmith Mark 7, Shopsmith Mark V 1982, shortened, Shopsmith 10 ER; Craftsman table saw (1964); Powermatic 3520B lathe
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

ChrisNeilan wrote:This is encouraging. By the way, last week I finally did get my November order along with an apology.
Get a gift card with it?
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
ChrisNeilan
Platinum Member

Post by ChrisNeilan »

JPG wrote:
ChrisNeilan wrote:This is encouraging. By the way, last week I finally did get my November order along with an apology.
Get a gift card with it?
Now let's not get crazy!!! :D ...no

But that's ok... :)
Chris Neilan

Shopsmith Mark 7, Shopsmith Mark V 1982, shortened, Shopsmith 10 ER; Craftsman table saw (1964); Powermatic 3520B lathe
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

No I not crazy, but, I got one with the 'delayed' clearance sale stuff along with an apology note. :cool: :cool: :cool:
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
ChrisNeilan
Platinum Member

Post by ChrisNeilan »

JPG wrote:No I not crazy, but, I got one with the 'delayed' clearance sale stuff along with an apology note. :cool: :cool: :cool:
You’re better known to them, lol!
Chris Neilan