I am out of patience!

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

cooch366
Gold Member

Re: I am out of patience!

Post by cooch366 »

cooch366 wrote:Here is the response I received when I asked about my November order.

​“Hello,
​I have checked your order and I see that the crosscutter is on backorder and unfortunately I do not see an exact date for shipment but I have sent an email to production and shipping to see when it will be shipped and I will either call or email you once if find out any info. Sorry for the delays and frustration this wait has caused you but we are working towards finding the answer for your order concerns.”

I’ll give them credit for stating that they don’t know, but wonder how can they offer “another” special for the same item when they don’t know when they will be receiving them.

Maybe, just a SWAG, or a question, does accounting for a business look better if if they have “orders” on the books? I don’t know accounting but assume, an order, even if back ordered would be better than unsold inventory.
Received my order today. Nothing else, just the order.... No note or gift card.

I sincerely hope that they turn things around. Hopefully this is the beginning.
dusty
Platinum Member

Post by dusty »

Having outstanding orders is a positive thing but someone making management decisions has to look deeper than just how many orders have been received. Remember, accounting is really only interested in cash flow and how the bottom line is impacted.

Shopsmith does not bill your card until the item has shipped. Items on backorder then become a negative factor from the accounting department unless turnaround times are good.

It is complicated unless you can see the "whole picture".

When I worked in the production environment we were more concerned with how long materials had in on the floor. Accounting there was more interested in how long much time was being spend on assembly, test and inspection. Again, a time game.

Bottom line - don't negatively effect the bottom line.
"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty
Sent from my Dell XPS using Firefox.
everettdavis
Platinum Member

Post by everettdavis »

Patience is a virtue I am told. I a exhibiting great virtue I suspect. I am still waiting....

Everett
Still Waiting - 2 Feb 2018.png
Still Waiting - 2 Feb 2018.png (49.45 KiB) Viewed 4169 times
I am still waiting on them to reply to the inquiry about it....
Skizzity
Gold Member

Re: RE: Re: I am out of patience!

Post by Skizzity »

everettdavis wrote:Patience is a virtue I am told. I a exhibiting great virtue I suspect. I am still waiting....

Everett
Still Waiting - 2 Feb 2018.png
I am still waiting on them to reply to the inquiry about it....
Very frustrating. I had to reply back again to get a response.
PowerPro Mark 7, 11" Bandsaw, 4" Jointer, 12" Professional Planer, DC3300 Dust Collector, DW745, DW718 w/ DW723 and a DW788 w/ DW7880.
Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts. -Winston Churchill
Gio800
Gold Member

Post by Gio800 »

I ordered a drive belt, poly V-belt and drive & ring assembly plus a few other things on Dec 19. Have not heard a word. Emailed twice, nothing. Tried to call and after 20 min on hold i gave up. what can I do?
1982 Mark V 500 w/2 bandsaws(cast iron and aluminum table), power station, belt sander, jointer, jigsaw and lathe duplicator.
dusty
Platinum Member

Post by dusty »

Be persistent. Call again and wait. Have you checked order status on line? shopsmith.com / select SUPPORT at top of page / select ORDER STATUS

You will be asked for order number and ZIP code
"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty
Gio800
Gold Member

Post by Gio800 »

I have checked my order status and it has not changed since order.
1982 Mark V 500 w/2 bandsaws(cast iron and aluminum table), power station, belt sander, jointer, jigsaw and lathe duplicator.
DLB
Platinum Member

Post by DLB »

If your order includes an out of stock or backorder item their normal process is to wait until they have everything to ship unless you tell them otherwise. On orders with several items it is increasingly likely that you have something on backorder. On my most recent online order, 10 items, the email order confirmation told me which items (3 of them) were not in stock. I think that is relatively new. I gave up on the phone and sent an email asking them to break my order into two orders and ship the in-stock items, which they did within a couple of days. If you do this, make sure to ask them for any new order numbers or they won't provide them. To my aggravation, there are additional charges for this 'service.'

Note - My order was from November 9th and I'm still waiting for the 3 items that were originally out of stock. If I had not split the order I would still be waiting for all of it.

As far as I know the only 'status' information available to customers from the online order status is whether the order has shipped or not, and a tracking number. It's not informative as to when something might ship. You can get the same information by checking your credit card and seeing if they have charged you, as they only charge upon shipment.

- David
Gio800
Gold Member

Post by Gio800 »

I did have one item out of stock(live cup center) so I emailed them and told to cancel that item and ship rest. I can get the live cup center from ebay. Still no email response. I am in tech service and I try to answer emails within 24 hours. It has been 5 days with no answer. I need the belts to run my 1982 Mark V 5000 SS. This is my first one and wanted to learn while on vacation.
dusty
Platinum Member

Post by dusty »

I never even attempt to manage purchase or shipping arrangements with Shopsmith by email. When hard pressed to make something happen I call customer service early in their work day (like maybe the first phone call that they answer in that work day).

You said that you checked order status and it has not changed. What status did you get? In Process, Back Ordered, Shipped or what? Have you beed charged? If you have been then Shopsmith thinks it has shipped. If you have been charged the order is in process.
"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty