I am out of patience!

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

RFGuy
Platinum Member

Re: I am out of patience!

Post by RFGuy »

Gio800 wrote: Fri Jan 01, 2021 9:07 am I did have one item out of stock(live cup center) so I emailed them and told to cancel that item and ship rest. I can get the live cup center from ebay. Still no email response. I am in tech service and I try to answer emails within 24 hours. It has been 5 days with no answer. I need the belts to run my 1982 Mark V 5000 SS. This is my first one and wanted to learn while on vacation.
I can understand your concern and I empathize. I had several Shopsmith orders last year with a few hiccups as well. David and Dusty gave some excellent advice here. I ranted a bit on the forum last year with my purchase difficulties, but in the end I eventually got everything that I ordered and incorrect charges were remedied. I will add that e-mail was hit or miss for me and Shopsmith CS typically takes 1-2 days to respond to email requests. So, if you haven't gotten a response in a couple of days then your message probably got lost in the cracks unfortunately. IF you can get ahold of the direct email address for someone who is currently working in Shopsmith customer service then that helps quite a bit. Blindly emailing the general Shopsmith customer service address doesn't always work. Calling on the phone works most of the time, but I spent many a 20 minutes on hold with Shopsmith waiting to get a resolution. Expect to have to call multiple times to straighten things out and/or inquire on order status. Persistence is key. Best of luck on getting your order resolved.
📶RF Guy

Mark V 520 (Bought New '98) | 4" jointer | 6" beltsander | 12" planer | bandsaw | router table | speed reducer | univ. tool rest
Porter Cable 12" Compound Miter Saw | Rikon 8" Low Speed Bench Grinder w/CBN wheels | Jessem Clear-Cut TS™ Stock Guides
Festool (Emerald): DF 500 Q | RO 150 FEQ | OF 1400 EQ | TS 55 REQ | CT 26 E
DC3300 | Shopvac w/ClearVue CV06 Mini Cyclone | JDS AirTech 2000 | Sundstrom PAPR | Dylos DC1100 Pro particulate monitor
Gio800
Gold Member

Post by Gio800 »

Status is "open items not shipped yet"
1982 Mark V 500 w/2 bandsaws(cast iron and aluminum table), power station, belt sander, jointer, jigsaw and lathe duplicator.
Gio800
Gold Member

Post by Gio800 »

Does anyone have a direct contact at customer service?
1982 Mark V 500 w/2 bandsaws(cast iron and aluminum table), power station, belt sander, jointer, jigsaw and lathe duplicator.
dusty
Platinum Member

Post by dusty »

Gio800 wrote: Fri Jan 01, 2021 12:24 pm Status is "open items not shipped yet"
The obvious conclusion is that you ordered something that is not on the shelves. Patience!
"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty
Sent from my Dell XPS using Firefox.
Gio800
Gold Member

Post by Gio800 »

Unfortunately, all the items were available at other sources but I decided to support Shopsmith. That will never happen again.
dusty
Platinum Member

Post by dusty »

Gio800 wrote: Fri Jan 01, 2021 2:21 pm Unfortunately, all the items were available at other sources but I decided to support Shopsmith. That will never happen again.
Good Luck
"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty
marxuser
Bronze Member

Post by marxuser »

I purchased three items on November 23rd. After a few weeks, two of the items shipped. The third item, the tool sharpening package, was not included in the shipment. Since then, I have not heard from Shopsmith.

I bought a used 500 off Craigslist mainly for the lathe ability. It came with a set of tools, all of which are in need of sharpening. It looks like I better find another method to sharpen. The most frustrating part is that I could get the same parts on ebay and/or Amazon if I knew how long I'd be waiting for SS shipping.

JMO, but I think that "order status" should provide SOME information beyond a list of what you ordered. Just a thought.

I'm new to the forum and have been lurking for a few weeks. Very grateful for all the shared knowledge the site offers. I'm sorry my first post had to be a complaint about SS.

I'm truly a fan of the machine and the availability of parts (most of the time). My father is a diehard (pardon the pum) Craftsman fan and he can't believe that parts are still available for my 40yo SS 500, especially since many of his newer Sears tools now have "discontinued" parts on their website.

Fingers crossed my kit comes soon. Best of luck to the rest of you also waiting.
dusty
Platinum Member

Post by dusty »

Yes, they are open and doing business. :) :) My online order, placed on 12/26/2020 has shipped.
"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

1980 model is a youngster!

Mine is almost 20 yrs older.
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
Gio800
Gold Member

Post by Gio800 »

Well, I was on hold for 31 minutes and then it sent me to voice mail. Oh boy!