I am out of patience!

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

claimdude
Gold Member

Re: I am out of patience!

Post by claimdude »

David,

I must lead a charmed life. I called SS to order the SS6000 week before last and was on hold for about 5 minutes then spoke with the sales rep and placed my order!! The website wouldn't process my credit card. As a good friend of mine likes to say "must be all that clean living and self denial!"

Jack
DocSurg
Silver Member

Post by DocSurg »

I will say that I had an extremely pleasant experience this week -- order for three items placed on 1/4, shipped out on 1/7, and should arrive on 1/12. No hassles at all -- and one part is especially needed, as "someone" let my rip fence hit the floor.
admin
Gold Member

Post by admin »

Hi Everyone,

There have been some issues lately that we are aware of and we are working to improve. Aside from the busy holiday season, we have changed over to some newer systems, so we are sorry if any requests have fallen through the cracks. We are working on a new web site, and still working out some kinks in our customer request tracking. Big changes coming soon.

I (being a web person, who does software and IT work) am not personally responsible for customer service however I have passed some of this feedback on to the owners, and I know they take it seriously.

Thank you for your patience and for your feedback.
Shopsmith I.T.
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

Thank YOU for listening!!!
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
monte
Bronze Member

Post by monte »

Hi Dusty:
Just this morning i tired again and called and was on hold for 32 minutes and then the line went dead.
I don't have time to be on the lines and waiting. PS I am happy to send you some recent telephone statements. Just send me you personal email.

Monte
dusty
Platinum Member

Post by dusty »

monte wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 2:51 pm Hi Dusty:
Just this morning i tired again and called and was on hold for 32 minutes and then the line went dead.
I don't have time to be on the lines and waiting. PS I am happy to send you some recent telephone statements. Just send me you personal email.

Monte
I am not interested in your telephone statements. I am curious about your "order confirmations" (no personal data please. Just part numbers, order numbers and date placed.

Have you paid Shopsmith for anything? If yes, have you received what you have paid for?
"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty
Sent from my Dell XPS using Firefox.
psikes
Gold Member

Post by psikes »

I feel your pain. I tried in vain to see if the Tailstock arbor was in stock before I ordered one. Put on hold twice, the first time for 15 minutes and the second time for 7 minutes before I gave up and ordered one from eBay. It arrived tonight and looks to be a winner in all respects. I received it in 4 days too.

Phil
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

Imagine that! Poor ordering service results in lost revenue. What next?
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange