I am out of patience!

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

ChrisNeilan
Platinum Member

I am out of patience!

Post by ChrisNeilan »

Still not here. Customer service has told me twice it would "ship today". All items in stock according to the Mother Ship.
Attachments
Shop.png
Shop.png (285.22 KiB) Viewed 8814 times
Chris Neilan

Shopsmith Mark 7, Shopsmith Mark V 1982, shortened, Shopsmith 10 ER; Craftsman table saw (1964); Powermatic 3520B lathe
Hobbyman2
Platinum Member

Re: I am out of patience!

Post by Hobbyman2 »

Its on a slow boat from China ?
Hobbyman2 Favorite Quote: "If a man does his best, what else is there?"
- General George S. Patton (1885-1945)
cooch366
Gold Member

Post by cooch366 »

I can relate to this Chris. And this week they email another special for the Cross cutter and November orders are still out of stock / back ordered. I spoke to Customer Service a couple of weeks ago and was told they are aware, sorry for the delay, and have no idea when they will be in. It’s a nice to have part, so no worries, but I don’t understand what is going on, and are hoping for the best..

CDFE954F-64EA-4C8E-9EE6-8281129F2290.jpeg
CDFE954F-64EA-4C8E-9EE6-8281129F2290.jpeg (545.49 KiB) Viewed 8785 times
stevespix
Gold Member

Post by stevespix »

A lot of members here will not rock the boat no matter how bad the service is. I for one will not order anything that is not available for immediate shipping and I ask on the phone to make sure. No one would accept this kind of service from Amazon, just because its Shopsmith some of you are willing to accept less or excuses from the mothership. I have called a couple of times and complained about this type of service and it was taken care of. This is just the kind of reasons (poor customer service) , back ordered parts that keeps Shopsmith from expanding their customer base. They seem to willing to fill orders as they come in and not keeping parts in inventory.
jsburger
Platinum Member

Post by jsburger »

stevespix wrote:A lot of members here will not rock the boat no matter how bad the service is. I for one will not order anything that is not available for immediate shipping and I ask on the phone to make sure. No one would accept this kind of service from Amazon, just because its Shopsmith some of you are willing to accept less or excuses from the mothership. I have called a couple of times and complained about this type of service and it was taken care of. This is just the kind of reasons (poor customer service) , back ordered parts that keeps Shopsmith from expanding their customer base. They seem to willing to fill orders as they come in and not keeping parts in inventory.
Well, at least they did not go out of business when it looked like they might. You can still get parts for a 50 year old machine although it may take longer. They certainly are trying I think. Shopsmith is not Amazon so to compare them is silly.

You said you called "a couple of times" and it was taken care of. What more do you want?
John & Mary Burger
Eagle's Lair Woodshop
Hooper, UT
masonsailor2
Platinum Member

Post by masonsailor2 »

I will have to chime in here. I have had a new quill assembly on order since 11/19/2017 and still no word on a possible ship date. It’s getting a little frustrating.
Paul
reible
Platinum Member

Post by reible »

I've got a back order from Oct 18, 2017, still that is not as bad as I've seen.

One item took over a year but it did finally arrive and it is a part that you can only get from shopsmith so I'm glad I was able to get it at all but of course I wasn't happy with the wait..... but it could have been worse and not come at all.

The first powerpro was a 2 month wait, the second one was a 3 month wait, again who wants to wait but if you want a powerpro and that is the time it takes it is the time it takes.

And if you think shopsmith it the only place that you end up waiting for orders I can assure you they are not. I have an order from late Oct and another from early Nov. from two other companies, and no real delivery dates as of yet. And I just got an item that took 3 months that was ordered through Amazon, but shipped from overseas. Yea the 2 day prime is nice when it works but at least 10-20% of the time it doesn't make it.

Of course no one wants to wait, we are not that type of culture so if you have a better solution take it if not, well then complain 'cause that always works.

Ed
{Knight of the Shopsmith} [Hero's don't wear capes, they wear dog tags]
ChrisNeilan
Platinum Member

Post by ChrisNeilan »

Yes, it’s great that Shopsmith can or will have parts for a 50 year old machine. BUT, this order was for IN STOCK actually OVERSTOCK parts. No excuse.
Chris Neilan

Shopsmith Mark 7, Shopsmith Mark V 1982, shortened, Shopsmith 10 ER; Craftsman table saw (1964); Powermatic 3520B lathe
Hobbyman2
Platinum Member

Post by Hobbyman2 »

masonsailor2 wrote:I will have to chime in here. I have had a new quill assembly on order since 11/19/2017 and still no word on a possible ship date. It’s getting a little frustrating.
Paul

==================

They told me my new quill should be here in the middle of next month cross your fingers, dad seems to think they wait until they get so many orders and the they order them made, if so thats a good way to lose customers or drive them to another company , in any case if they make it here by then I will be happy . very few business warehouse any thing now , its all just in time delivery .

then again we are talking about ,,,,my parts,,,,for a machine that was made years ago, try to buy a factory fresh water pump for a model A .
Hobbyman2
Platinum Member

Post by Hobbyman2 »

ChrisNeilan wrote:Yes, it’s great that Shopsmith can or will have parts for a 50 year old machine. BUT, this order was for IN STOCK actually OVERSTOCK parts. No excuse.

==========

True