I am out of patience!

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

dusty
Platinum Member

Re: I am out of patience!

Post by dusty »

Gio800 wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 9:35 am Well, I was on hold for 31 minutes and then it sent me to voice mail. Oh boy!
Did you verify, before you called, that it was "business hours" there yet. This post is time stamped at 7:35 am. At this time in Oklahoma, what time is it in Dayton, Ohio. I believe Customer Service at Shopsmith opens for business at 9:00 am.

https://www.shopsmith.com/ownersite/contact.htm
"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty
Sent from my Dell XPS using Firefox.
RFGuy
Platinum Member

Post by RFGuy »

Gio800 wrote: Fri Jan 01, 2021 12:26 pm Does anyone have a direct contact at customer service?
I had one for awhile, but that person left CS. Wish I had a new CS contact for them.
Gio800 wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 9:35 am Well, I was on hold for 31 minutes and then it sent me to voice mail. Oh boy!
Sorry. It can be hit or miss getting up with Shopsmith CS on either email or phone. Another option, if you are on Facebook, is to try contacting them directly. There is a Shopsmith Customer Service group on Facebook, but I don't know how closely they are watching that group any more. I have seen others comment about contacting Brooke Davidson (link below) directly at Shopsmith. May be worth a shot...

https://www.facebook.com/groups/6844615 ... _tn__=R]-R
📶RF Guy

Mark V 520 (Bought New '98) | 4" jointer | 6" beltsander | 12" planer | bandsaw | router table | speed reducer | univ. tool rest
Porter Cable 12" Compound Miter Saw | Rikon 8" Low Speed Bench Grinder w/CBN wheels | Jessem Clear-Cut TS™ Stock Guides
Festool (Emerald): DF 500 Q | RO 150 FEQ | OF 1400 EQ | TS 55 REQ | CT 26 E
DC3300 | Shopvac w/ClearVue CV06 Mini Cyclone | JDS AirTech 2000 | Sundstrom PAPR | Dylos DC1100 Pro particulate monitor
Gio800
Gold Member

Post by Gio800 »

I called at 9 am EST which is 8 am CST(Oklahoma time). You do not get put on hold unless they are open.
1982 Mark V 500 w/2 bandsaws(cast iron and aluminum table), power station, belt sander, jointer, jigsaw and lathe duplicator.
Gio800
Gold Member

Post by Gio800 »

I finally got through. I now have 4 orders in the system. Hopefully something gets shipped.

Thanks for all the help.
1982 Mark V 500 w/2 bandsaws(cast iron and aluminum table), power station, belt sander, jointer, jigsaw and lathe duplicator.
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

OMG!!!!
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
SJErick1972
Silver Member

Post by SJErick1972 »

I have been waiting since November 12th for an oscillating drum sander. This is why I always buy used form EBAY. I have been on hold for 45 minutes no one works at this company anymore. There is no way I would order a MArk 7 from them, I'd buy it second hand but this company has to be about finished. I feel your pain. I have emailed them 4 times without a response...well the first time they told me it would be here January 28th....Nope!
dusty
Platinum Member

Post by dusty »

SJErick1972 wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 3:11 pm I have been waiting since November 12th for an oscillating drum sander. This is why I always buy used form EBAY. I have been on hold for 45 minutes no one works at this company anymore. There is no way I would order a MArk 7 from them, I'd buy it second hand but this company has to be about finished. I feel your pain. I have emailed them 4 times without a response...well the first time they told me it would be here January 28th....Nope!
Relying on email is probably your biggest mistake. Call them early (in their work day) and wait them out.
"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty
monte
Bronze Member

Post by monte »

This is my first post on Customer service. I am also out of Patience with Shopsmith. I have a placed a number of recent large orders. Many items were not shipped and wrong items sent. A speed control assembly I just received had the nut on the bottom of the box and the drift pin was not inserted most of the way in. The quality control has slipped dramatically.
I have spend hours >3 hrs per call (6 calls) and have tried to email 4 times on my missing items, but no response. At this point I have no choice but to protest the purchase. They force you to call in to use your gift cards, but can't get in to even make a purchase.
In the past, I would have given customer service 5 stars but the last two years I could not even give them 1 star out of 5.
I worry if they do not recognize this issue many people who already are on the fence on shopsmiths will not be interested.
People need work and unfortunately shopsmith customers like myself will eventually give up.
its a real shame

Best
Mike Roth
dusty
Platinum Member

Post by dusty »

Monte, I feel for you if this is all true and accurate but I have some doubts. You say you have spent 3 hours on each of six calls and have gotten no where. Come on now - complain but don't exaggerate. As for emailing a complaint to Shopsmith - forget it.

Have you checked the order status that is available on line?? What do you learn there? Online at Shopsmith.com have you checked to see what the system reports when you simply type in a part number? Call early in the morning!!!
"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty
DLB
Platinum Member

Post by DLB »

dusty wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 3:38 am Monte, I feel for you if this is all true and accurate but I have some doubts. You say you have spent 3 hours on each of six calls and have gotten no where. Come on now - complain but don't exaggerate. As for emailing a complaint to Shopsmith - forget it.

Have you checked the order status that is available on line?? What do you learn there? Online at Shopsmith.com have you checked to see what the system reports when you simply type in a part number? Call early in the morning!!!
If Shopsmith is not responsive to ALL means of communication then they are not getting the job done. PERIOD. That includes returning calls if the customer leaves a message and timely responsiveness to emails. Shopsmith offers these methods of contact, it's on them to make them work.

In my experience many issues are fully resolved via email. But at the same time many emails go without any response. But in no way has communication by email ever been worse than communication by phone. I've never had a call go through after being put on hold. I've never received a return call when I've left a message. And I've rarely received correct information when I've called.

On line order status is almost useless, IMO. "Open Items Not Shipped Yet." No kidding. That is IF I have an order number, which I frequently do not. And that is because someone eventually takes corrective action in response to an email but does not actually reply, or excludes the order info from the reply.

Only part of this report inconsistent with my experience is the 3 hours on the phone. My calls usually get dropped. But if they didn't, that would exceed my patience threshold by a lot.

I'm finding it much harder to continue to support Shopsmith while hoping that things start showing improvement.

- David