Location, Location, Location

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

deanthom
Gold Member

Location, Location, Location

Post by deanthom »

Hey Readers of the Community Forum!

I'm hoping that I can inspire some of you to take the time to fill out your profiles just a little bit. You don't have to give much time to it and you certainly don't have to give ALL of your info, but it would be very nice if we all could have at least the state or country that we call home in our profile. (Look in the upper right hand corner of this post and note that I'm from Missouri. It's in the profile!) That way, the sense of community grows every time we connect here. And it can also make for some interesting travels. When next I go to or through Springfield, Missouri, I'll be adding a little time to visit with Eric who lives down there. I know he likes polls and Shopsmith. And he seems to be a coffee drinker, so what's not to like? :D

You can also do some other neat things there, like setting up a permanent "signature block" that you can allow to be added automatically, but that you can uncheck when you DON'T want it included. You can automatically "subscribe" to any thread that you comment on so you'll be notified when others add their 2 cents or 2 pence worth!

Handy stuff, that.
Dean Thomas
KCMO
520, jointer, bandsaw, stripsander
ericolson
Gold Member

Post by ericolson »

deanthom wrote:Hey Readers of the Community Forum!

I'm hoping that I can inspire some of you to take the time to fill out your profiles just a little bit. You don't have to give much time to it and you certainly don't have to give ALL of your info, but it would be very nice if we all could have at least the state or country that we call home in our profile. Handy stuff, that.
I agree 100% with Dean. It's nice to know a little bit about who I'm chatting with on the forum. I, for one, also like real names. Some people aren't comfortable with that, and I completely understand. Some are concerned that a ne'er-do-well will use info in the profile to find a location and try to act in a felonious manner. Well, out where I live at least, strangers snooping around my shop or house are likely to get shot by one of my neighbors! Or have the neighbors sick their dogs on them, which I think would be worse. But, my shop is always open to those who want to stop by for a chat or a cup-o-joe!!!

Eric
Rock Creek Designs