New to me ....

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

camerio
Platinum Member

New to me ....

Post by camerio »

Just seen this small ad, never seen a machine like that.
The seller says it is a Shopsmith.
He is asking 300$ canadian
It is in Ste-Brigitte of Laval, Quebec
Attachments
594740967.jpg
594740967.jpg (65.07 KiB) Viewed 10373 times
camerio
Platinum Member

Re: New to me ....

Post by camerio »

here is another picture ....
Attachments
594740969.jpg
594740969.jpg (82.66 KiB) Viewed 10371 times
Dansmith
Gold Member

Post by Dansmith »

Look like a Shopsmith 10ER; but, I have never seen a green one. My 10ER's are the standard grey color. Of course, that is a scroll saw on top. I don't have a Shopsmith scroll saw. Didn't know they went on top like that?
ChrisNeilan
Platinum Member

Post by ChrisNeilan »

Not such a bad deal, but please repaint it!
Chris Neilan

Shopsmith Mark 7, Shopsmith Mark V 1982, shortened, Shopsmith 10 ER; Craftsman table saw (1964); Powermatic 3520B lathe
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

It looks like a 10E with the model 10 jigsaw.

Color does not matter.

It looks to be in good condition.
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
everettdavis
Platinum Member

Post by everettdavis »

Please post a close up picture of the Shopsmith Badge with Serial Number if you can get one from the seller.

It looks like an early 10E based on the quill advance.

If it is low enough, I might even want to preserve it myself. I have #1414 and looking for even earlier.

Everett
chapmanruss
Platinum Member

Post by chapmanruss »

It looks like the 3rd Headstock version which would be after S/N 1414. It also has the later Quill Collar needed for the Jig Saw that it either came with or was changed. That Quill Collar is after S/N 8865. The Tailstock is version 1 or 2 for the wood extension table. I'm betting it is version 2. Version 1 is 1 threaded stud & wing nut with the square block. Version 2 has the 2 threaded studs with wing nuts. Hopefully it has the extension table bracket, bar & pins. The wood top is easy to make a replacement for. The Jig Saw is the early version without the built-in belt cover. Of course the serial number would tell all, anything else is just best guesses from what I see.
Russ

Mark V completely upgraded to Mark 7
Mark V 520
All SPT's & 2 Power Stations
Model 10ER S/N R64000 first one I restored on bench w/ metal ends & retractable casters.
Has Speed Changer, 4E Jointer, Jig Saw with lamp, a complete set of original accessories & much more.
Model 10E's S/N's 1076 & 1077 oldest ones I have restored. Mark 2 S/N 85959 restored. Others to be restored.
BobCoates1953
Gold Member

Post by BobCoates1953 »

What is the extra set of step pulleys at the end of motor. From large picture looks like it is attached somehow to way tube.
The existing table is used for the jigsaw by changing the insert slot with a hole in center and a cut out running parallel to the ways.

Bob
algale
Platinum Member

Post by algale »

BobCoates1953 wrote:What is the extra set of step pulleys at the end of motor. From large picture looks like it is attached somehow to way tube.
The existing table is used for the jigsaw by changing the insert slot with a hole in center and a cut out running parallel to the ways.

Bob
I was wondering the same thing. I'm not an ER guy but I don't think I've ever seen one of those before.
Gale's Law: The bigger the woodworking project, the less the mistakes show in any photo taken far enough away to show the entire project!

JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

BobCoates1953 wrote:What is the extra set of step pulleys at the end of motor. From large picture looks like it is attached somehow to way tube.

Bob
It appears the larger pulley is 'stored' on an arm attached to the rear way tube. The belt guard is stored on the front side of the headrest. Gor what, only the shadow knows(not OEM stuff).
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange