New to me ....

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

camerio
Platinum Member

Re: New to me ....

Post by camerio »

here is one more picture posted by the seller.
Attachments
594740968.jpg
594740968.jpg (108.53 KiB) Viewed 7807 times
camerio
Platinum Member

Post by camerio »

and one last picture
Attachments
594740970.jpg
594740970.jpg (80.67 KiB) Viewed 7806 times
camerio
Platinum Member

Post by camerio »

everettdavis wrote:Please post a close up picture of the Shopsmith Badge with Serial Number if you can get one from the seller.

It looks like an early 10E based on the quill advance.

If it is low enough, I might even want to preserve it myself. I have #1414 and looking for even earlier.

Everett
I will get in touch with the person and come back when I get an answer.
Personnaly I will not be buying this tool, I do not have the space for and already own a 520 and it is enough for my needs.
camerio
Platinum Member

Post by camerio »

Everett, I will have a picture a the serial # plate but it appears to be a five digit number from what he told me on the phone.
Serial # : 16681
He has all the accessories that came with it. He bought it from someone else but never got to use it finally.
He needs space in his garage, so that is why he is selling it.
camerio
Platinum Member

Post by camerio »

Here is the picture of the plate .....
Attachments
IMG_1937-2.jpg
IMG_1937-2.jpg (174.82 KiB) Viewed 7797 times
BobCoates1953
Gold Member

Post by BobCoates1953 »

JPG wrote:
BobCoates1953 wrote:What is the extra set of step pulleys at the end of motor. From large picture looks like it is attached somehow to way tube.
The existing table is used for the jigsaw by changing the insert slot with a hole in center and a cut out running parallel to the ways.

Bob
It appears the larger pulley is 'stored' on an arm attached to the rear way tube. The belt guard is stored on the front side of the headrest. Gor what, only the shadow knows(not OEM stuff).
Could that pulley attache to the motor and act as a jack shaft to for other accessory. The arm could have left it pivot into palcae?? I seem with failed memory that I saw attachment driven by pulley instead of power couplers?????? But I am no history buff.
chapmanruss
Platinum Member

Post by chapmanruss »

Without better pictures it is hard to say what the extra pulley is for. It may be simply stored on that extra arm and used on the motor shaft for extra speeds. It may go in the middle somewhere to adjust the speeds. It does look like a 2",3", 4", 5" step pulley that could be used on the motor to drive a Magna 4E Jointer but there no jointer parts on this machine. We may never know.

The owner did want a "beefy" extension table having added the "C" channel to it.

For those who commented on the Jig Saw here is a Model 10ER with the Jig Saw mounted and the table in place.
10ER R64000 with Jig Saw r.jpg
10ER R64000 with Jig Saw r.jpg (156.5 KiB) Viewed 7669 times
This was my first Model 10 restoration with the accessories it came with. It now has a Model 4E Jointer too. Below is the Jointer mounted on a 10ER but the belt from the motor to the jointer is not in the picture.
10ER R64000 with Jointer.jpg
10ER R64000 with Jointer.jpg (169.14 KiB) Viewed 7666 times
Russ

Mark V completely upgraded to Mark 7
Mark V 520
All SPT's & 2 Power Stations
Model 10ER S/N R64000 first one I restored on bench w/ metal ends & retractable casters.
Has Speed Changer, 4E Jointer, Jig Saw with lamp, a complete set of original accessories & much more.
Model 10E's S/N's 1076 & 1077 oldest ones I have restored. Mark 2 S/N 85959 restored. Others to be restored.
rpd
Platinum Member

Post by rpd »

chapmanruss wrote:Without better pictures it is hard to say what the extra pulley is for. It may be simply stored on that extra arm and used on the motor shaft for extra speeds. It may go in the middle somewhere to adjust the speeds. It does look like a 2",3", 4", 5" step pulley that could be used on the motor to drive a Magna 4E Jointer but there no jointer parts on this machine. We may never know.

The owner did want a "beefy" extension table having added the "C" channel to it.
The picture in the first post shows it fairly well. I suspect was swung out toward the back and use as a jack shaft to increase the range of speeds available, but no way to know for sure.

One of mine came with a 2-3-4-5 pulley on the motor but it doesn't have a jointer head rest. :)

Yes, the C channel really does beef up the 10E wooden extension table. :cool:
Ron Dyck
==================================================================
10ER #23430, 10ER #84609, 10ER #94987,two SS A-34 jigsaws for 10ER.
1959 Mark 5 #356595 Greenie, SS Magna Jointer, SS planer, SS bandsaw, SS scroll saw (gray), DC3300,