JPG
Platinum Member

Re: Model 10E for sale

Post by JPG »

Do you know where the 4E jointer is???
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
thunderbirdbat
Platinum Member

Post by thunderbirdbat »

JPG wrote:Do you know where the 4E jointer is???
Isn't it just to the right of the motor in the picture?
Brenda

1998 510 upgraded to a 520, upgraded to power pro with double tilt and lift assist.
1998 bandsaw
2016 beltsander
jointer
overarm pin router
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

thunderbirdbat wrote:
JPG wrote:Do you know where the 4E jointer is???
Isn't it just to the right of the motor in the picture?
No that is the shaper fence(which with a 2 1/2" jointer head can be used as a small jointer).

The 4E mounts on the 4E mount on the left end and is the same design/size as the m5/mV/m7 jointer.
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
chapmanruss
Platinum Member

Post by chapmanruss »

Brenda,

The Magna Model 4E Jointer is the one shown mounted on the Shopsmith Model 10ER shown in the picture below.
R64000 with Jointer.jpg
R64000 with Jointer.jpg (91.88 KiB) Viewed 2616 times
Later it became the Mark 5 Jointer with a new casting of the base/outfeed table to include SPT mounting posts.
Russ

Mark V completely upgraded to Mark 7
Mark V 520
All SPT's & 2 Power Stations
Model 10ER S/N R64000 first one I restored on bench w/ metal ends & retractable casters.
Has Speed Changer, 4E Jointer, Jig Saw with lamp, a complete set of original accessories & much more.
Model 10E's S/N's 1076 & 1077 oldest ones I have restored. Mark 2 S/N 85959 restored. Others to be restored.
Truls
Bronze Member

Post by Truls »

chace,
If your Shopsmith Model 10 was made in Australia than it is not an early Model 10E. It would be nearly the same as the later Model 10ER's. Is there an "A" prefix before the serial number? A picture of the headstock with the Logo/serial number plate will tell us more.[/quote]

I am also from australia so here is a pic of the number plate from mine.
Number plate 10E 839.jpg
Number plate 10E 839.jpg (30.01 KiB) Viewed 1930 times
Number plate 10E.jpg
Number plate 10E.jpg (21.9 KiB) Viewed 1930 times
chapmanruss
Platinum Member

Post by chapmanruss »

Truls,

Yours is another example of the Australian Shopsmith made by the company licensed to make and sell them in Australia. My guess is that Magna Engineering Corporation had 10E Logo/Serial number plates left over and sent them to be used on the tools made there. Note it also has the plate on it from the company in Australia who sold them. Apparently not all the Model 10's made in Australia had the prefix "A" on their serial number. More confusion for the history of the Shopsmith Model 10's.
Russ

Mark V 520
Model 10ER S/N R64000 first one I restored on bench w/ metal ends & retractable casters.
Has Speed Changer, 4E Jointer, Jig Saw with lamp, a complete set of original accessories & much more.
Model 10E's S/N's 1076 & 1077 oldest ones I have restored. Mark 2 S/N 85959 restored. Others to be restored.
sullivan
Bronze Member

Post by sullivan »

Hi -- I have a very nice model 10e Serial Number 7753 in my Eugene, Oregon basement that I haven't used for a few years since the 1/3 HP motor burned out. I'd like to sell it, and if someone wanted to pick it up in the next few weeks I could offer a very reasonable. price. There are lots of attachments and the original manual. No rust. The footing has been mounted on a wooden box with rollers that makes it easy to move. Anyone interested? I have photos but am not sure how to post them in this chat format. If you email me at sullivan@efn.org I will be glad to send some photos. Thanks!
chapmanruss
Platinum Member

Post by chapmanruss »

sullivan,

Welcome to the Shopsmith Forum. Although this thread started out about someone else asking about selling their Shopsmith Model 10 it is really not the place to be doing that. Unfortunately that was not previously mentioned in this thread and the thread became more of a discussion about the tools and not sales. Shopsmith provides this forum free of charge for us to exchange ideas and ask/answer questions about Shopsmith Tools. That being said I would recommend you try listing it for sale on craigslist or similar online sale sites. That would be you best option for finding a buyer.
Russ

Mark V 520
sullivan
Bronze Member

Post by sullivan »

Thanks for the tip, Russ. I'll try Craigslist. Be well.
JayArras
Bronze Member

Post by JayArras »

The Shopsmith Sales Group on Facebook is very active and THE place to post SS items for sale.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/298235127282459