Model 10E for sale

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

phcbb
Bronze Member

Re: Model 10E for sale

Post by phcbb »

I have a model 10E s/n 6830 that I inherited from my father 20-25 years ago. It sat in storage accumulating dust and some surface rust. I have recaptured a shop space and am building it out. With other tools that I have I really don't need the ShopSmith for use as a table saw, drill press, or jointer. I do not have a lathe and plan to use this as my dedicated lathe. My father made nice antique reproduction furniture with this machine in a tiny corner of our basement. He had bought just about all the accessories. It has the variable speed attachment mounted. I know it works as I have turned it on a few times over the years and nothing seems bound up and everything moves freely. Any suggestions about using this as a dedicated lathe and holding onto the other parts for posterity?
rpd
Platinum Member

Re: Model 10E for sale

Post by rpd »

The first edition of Power Tool Woodworking For Everyone is 10E/ER specific and has a good chapter on using the Lathe function.
link http://www.lhdigest.com/SS/REFERENCE%20 ... 0Davis.pdf

This link is to a post with links to online resources for the 10E/ER's
viewtopic.php?p=274502#p274502

I would keep the parts together for eventual resale or passing to the next generation. :)
Ron Dyck
==================================================================
10ER #23430, 10ER #84609, 10ER #94987,two SS A-34 jigsaws for 10ER.
1959 Mark 5 #356595 Greenie, SS Magna Jointer, SS planer, SS bandsaw, SS scroll saw (gray), DC3300,