Stumpy Nubs with SS lathe chisels

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

benush26
Platinum Member

Stumpy Nubs with SS lathe chisels

Post by benush26 »

While watching this Stumpy Nubs (aka James Hamilton) video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kOmfKC_XWfA

I happened to pay attention to the handles of some of the chisels for this lathe stand. Five (possibly the basic set) appear to be ShopSmith. :eek: :p

The first time I spotted one was at about 7:48 and then at 8:02 they are clearly on the far right side.

I've never seen him have a ShopSmith in any of his videos but it would be interesting to know why he has ShopSmith lathe chisels, given that he probably can get any number of companies to give him free ones just for exposure.

Be well,
Ben
rpd
Platinum Member

Re: Stumpy Nubs with SS lathe chisels

Post by rpd »

benush26 wrote:While watching this Stumpy Nubs (aka James Hamilton) video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kOmfKC_XWfA

I happened to pay attention to the handles of some of the chisels for this lathe stand. Five (possibly the basic set) appear to be ShopSmith. :eek: :p

The first time I spotted one was at about 7:48 and then at 8:02 they are clearly on the far right side.

I've never seen him have a ShopSmith in any of his videos but it would be interesting to know why he has ShopSmith lathe chisels, given that he probably can get any number of companies to give him free ones just for exposure.

Be well,
Ben
Good eye. :)
I saw the first one, but missed the rest of the set. Interesting how one becomes attuned to the SS logo.
Ron Dyck
==================================================================
10ER #23430, 10ER #84609, 10ER #94987,two SS A-34 jigsaws for 10ER.
1959 Mark 5 #356595 Greenie, SS Magna Jointer, SS planer, SS bandsaw, SS scroll saw (gray), DC3300,
RFGuy
Platinum Member

Re: Stumpy Nubs with SS lathe chisels

Post by RFGuy »

That's cool. I like his videos. I haven't seen all of them though. I wonder if he just owns the chisels or if he shows a Mark V, 10E, etc. in any of his other videos.
📶RF Guy

Mark V 520 (Bought New '98) | 4" jointer | 6" beltsander | 12" planer | bandsaw | router table | speed reducer | univ. tool rest
Porter Cable 12" Compound Miter Saw | Rikon 8" Low Speed Bench Grinder w/CBN wheels | Jessem Clear-Cut TS™ Stock Guides
Festool (Emerald): DF 500 Q | RO 150 FEQ | OF 1400 EQ | TS 55 REQ | CT 26 E
DC3300 | Shopvac w/ClearVue CV06 Mini Cyclone | JDS AirTech 2000 | Sundstrom PAPR | Dylos DC1100 Pro particulate monitor