We Shall Never Forget

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

rjent
Platinum Member

Re: We Shall Never Forget

Post by rjent »

Hobbyman2 wrote:But the real question is did we learn anything from those lessons. Looking at the state of the affairs of our nation, I fear not. In fact when I look at our congress I am sure we did not.

=============
+1
The lessons seem to have been missed in the past, but for me, I truly see the winds of change happening in our country and around the world. I don't want to discuss "politics" (I love to, but not here :) ), but I see positive things happening. We shall see .... :)
Dick
1965 Mark VII S/N 407684
1951 10 ER S/N ER 44570 -- Reborn 9/16/14
1950 10 ER S/N ER 33479 Reborn July 2016
1950 10 ER S/N ER 39671
1951 jigsaw X 2
1951 !0 ER #3 in rebuild
500, Jointer, Bsaw, Bsander, Planer
2014 Mark 7 W/Lift assist - 14 4" Jointer - DC3300
And a plethora of small stuff .....

"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that you can never know if they are genuine." - Benjamin Franklin
dusty
Platinum Member

Post by dusty »

rjent wrote:
Hobbyman2 wrote:But the real question is did we learn anything from those lessons. Looking at the state of the affairs of our nation, I fear not. In fact when I look at our congress I am sure we did not.

=============
+1
The lessons seem to have been missed in the past, but for me, I truly see the winds of change happening in our country and around the world. I don't want to discuss "politics" (I love to, but not here :) ), but I see positive things happening. We shall see .... :)
I so hope that you are right and that the changes you sense are truly positive.
"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty
Sent from my Dell XPS using Firefox.
davebodner
Gold Member

Post by davebodner »

I think the most immediate lesson was learned quickly and well: Cockpit doors are armored. No hijackings leading to mass destruction since then. Let's cheer our successes.
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

benush26 wrote:There is an interesting document that I am relatively certain each of US have heard of and in that Preamble to the Constitution it starts with “We the people....”. In the wisdom of that entire document it tasks US the we in “We the people..” to make a union. I believe that within it is the implicit request that we remember what makes US great. I wholeheartedly agree too many of the 600 plus that make up the top level of the three branches too often forget that there is a WE which includes a bit fewer than 328 million. But I also wholeheartedly believe that as long as any of us that DO NOT FORGET are able to breathe, we are expected to remind those that have forgotten. Having run for Montana State Senate a lifetime ago, I found that very very few elected officials have a strong moral or ethical rudder and that many were driven by greed for power. That should never stop any of us from taking responsibility to educate and remind those that might “forget” what we have and the cost to earn it and the continuing cost to keep it.
Gene took the time to post and for that I am eternally grateful. Others echo his sentiments and are to be applauded. If just the few on this forum who read and agree with the this message’s tenet, work to keep it alive, then I believe we are still able and capable to gently remind those who have forgotten, that if too many forget, we might lose. Personally I believe that would be the greatest tragedy.

Be well,
Ben

AMEN!
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
cooch366
Gold Member

Post by cooch366 »

benush26 wrote:There is an interesting document that I am relatively certain each of US have heard of and in that Preamble to the Constitution it starts with “We the people....”. In the wisdom of that entire document it tasks US the we in “We the people..” to make a union. I believe that within it is the implicit request that we remember what makes US great. I wholeheartedly agree too many of the 600 plus that make up the top level of the three branches too often forget that there is a WE which includes a bit fewer than 328 million. But I also wholeheartedly believe that as long as any of us that DO NOT FORGET are able to breathe, we are expected to remind those that have forgotten. Having run for Montana State Senate a lifetime ago, I found that very very few elected officials have a strong moral or ethical rudder and that many were driven by greed for power. That should never stop any of us from taking responsibility to educate and remind those that might “forget” what we have and the cost to earn it and the continuing cost to keep it.
Gene took the time to post and for that I am eternally grateful. Others echo his sentiments and are to be applauded. If just the few on this forum who read and agree with the this message’s tenet, work to keep it alive, then I believe we are still able and capable to gently remind those who have forgotten, that if too many forget, we might lose. Personally I believe that would be the greatest tragedy.

Be well,
Ben
+1, and I wholeheartedly agree,

And will add that there are MANY MANY of us with a “strong moral or ethical rudder” that see what is happening at all levels of government, that would take on today’s politicians that are “driven by greed for power” but know that the greed for power knows no ethical boundaries. And many of us do not want to subject ourselves and families to the scrutiny and personal exposure that any run for office will create. Unfortunately the political game has changed, and I personally do not see it changing anytime soon which is not good for any of us.
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

What 'we the people' need is more 'political correctness' * in the political process.

* I meant that 'literally' NOT the now typical asinine meaning.
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

Again Dusty, THIS is the 'community' forum. Being patriotic is not 'political'. Yes it be getting very close.
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Hobbyman2
Platinum Member

Post by Hobbyman2 »

Did you folks know there is still a wealth of information still classified ? I could be wrong but to me that is a sign of something not quite right ? maybe its just my opinion, anyway ,,years ago I tried to gather any and all of the information possible before it was deleted , private pictures and videos as it happened , this is hard for me to keep from leading this piece into politics. but I have to go one step further, pardon me if it goes to far,,, but ,,,deleting seems to be the feds favorite past time now . as we speak we are still under the deceitful guidance of many of the same people who were in office then and who insist on hiding information . maybe term limits and paper ballots could be the deadbolts on the cockpit door ?
Hobbyman2 Favorite Quote: "If a man does his best, what else is there?"
- General George S. Patton (1885-1945)
dusty
Platinum Member

Post by dusty »

Out of respect for what this thread was suppose to be,,,let us go no further with the current line of discussion, please.
"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty
Sent from my Dell XPS using Firefox.
rjent
Platinum Member

Post by rjent »

Sorry Dusty, but I have to add that hobbymans response of "still classified" IMHO is a misinterpretation of the facts. I think (and yes it is my opinion) that the facts are coming out. We just need to be patient.

If this is over the bounds of the forum, ask to delete it. It won't be the first time .... :rolleyes:
Dick
1965 Mark VII S/N 407684
1951 10 ER S/N ER 44570 -- Reborn 9/16/14
1950 10 ER S/N ER 33479 Reborn July 2016
1950 10 ER S/N ER 39671
1951 jigsaw X 2
1951 !0 ER #3 in rebuild
500, Jointer, Bsaw, Bsander, Planer
2014 Mark 7 W/Lift assist - 14 4" Jointer - DC3300
And a plethora of small stuff .....

"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that you can never know if they are genuine." - Benjamin Franklin