haven't seen snow on Halloween

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

Hobbyman2
Platinum Member

haven't seen snow on Halloween

Post by Hobbyman2 »

since the late 60's but today starting out as rain and 57 deg today it is now in the low 30's and spitting snow .
Hobbyman2 Favorite Quote: "If a man does his best, what else is there?"
- General George S. Patton (1885-1945)
reible
Platinum Member

Re: haven't seen snow on Halloween

Post by reible »

We have several inches of snow here in the Chicago area. Most snow ever for us but then it has been another odd year weather wise. We are in the 9th wettest year so far and have 2 more months to go.

Ed
{Knight of the Shopsmith} [Hero's don't wear capes, they wear dog tags]
Mike907
Platinum Member

Post by Mike907 »

We almost always have snow here for Halloween, but it hasn't snowed here yet this year. There is snow on the mountains but we're dry at sea level with the temp in the high 30s. Hopefully it stays like this until Christmas Eve.

Mike
garys
Platinum Member

Post by garys »

Light snow here today too, but it is too light to worry about. We had 17 inches of snow already 3 weeks ago, but it melted so we are back down to bare ground. Winter is coming early this year. Hopefully everybody is ready for it.
dusty
Platinum Member

Post by dusty »

No snow in this part of the country either. :D
"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty
Sent from my Dell XPS using Firefox.
jsburger
Platinum Member

Post by jsburger »

Here in Utah snow is not unusual this time of year and we had snow on Tuesday. However, this week we had the lowest temperature ever recorded in October, 14 degrees on 30 Oct. That was the official temperature at the Salt Lake airport. It was 11.1 degrees at my house about 35 miles north of the airport.
John & Mary Burger
Eagle's Lair Woodshop
Hooper, UT
P89DC
Gold Member

Post by P89DC »

Ten years ago they told us we wouldnt see snow in the Rockies by now. They used computer simulations that NOAA promised us were very accurate. How'd that work out? Record snowfall last year, no mountain biking most of the summer due to snow on the trails, now record low temps and early snow. Ski season has its earlist start in decades. So much for that computer simulation. Worry not, they have new predictions and they shoved them out decades so no one can call them out.

That's why they changed the name from "global warming" to "climate change".
1986 510, jointer, bandsaw, belt sander, scroll saw, jigsaw and lots of accessories. Shopsmith woodworking bench too!
garys
Platinum Member

Post by garys »

When Global Warming turned out to be proven false, just change the name to Climate Change. When that doesn't work, they can always change their names to the Fubar Group.

A lie is as good as the truth if you can get people to believe it, and this climate lie is working for them because we live in a world of fools today.

Chicken Little has it right. The sky IS falling.
davebodner
Gold Member

Post by davebodner »

I see we're going down the fantasy-fiction lane, again.

I'll take the scientists at NASA over someone looking out his back window. https://earthobservatory.nasa.gov/world ... ecadalTemp

I'll also take the word of NOAA, the AAAS, and any other scientific organization.

My gosh, even Exxon/Mobil has given up denial. https://corporate.exxonmobil.com/en/Ene ... ate-change
Hobbyman2
Platinum Member

Post by Hobbyman2 »

garys wrote:When Global Warming turned out to be proven false, just change the name to Climate Change. When that doesn't work, they can always change their names to the Fubar Group.

A lie is as good as the truth if you can get people to believe it, and this climate lie is working for them because we live in a world of fools today.

Chicken Little has it right. The sky IS falling.

================
:)
JMO
First it was the Ozone layer had a hole, chlorine was going to destroy us all, the big push to move to r-134a, every swimming pool in the country still uses chlorine ,it is still on the shelf of every groceries store in the country,people still use it by the gallons to clean with, pools hold a lot of chlorine , a lot more then was in r-12, it is a element ,been here longer then we have ,there is only so much ,ya can't make more of the natural stuff ,,now its carbon and the push to move to all electric vehicles ,, carbon is also a element , been here longer then we have,there is only so much, ya can't make more,ya can move it around but ya cant make more ,,I am not against electric vehicles or solar or wind power ,in fact I am all for it ,would love to go solar here at the house and get off the grid , when the batteries die in all of those cars in California the people there will have to walk , walking is good for us, just seems like they could stop pretending like they can do something about climate change , now NOAA says the ozone layer hole is smaller then it has been in half a century , that's convenient when the use of chlorine has expanded not decreased .

That is also odd because I don't remember them monitoring all this back in the 60's ? Where is the data coming from ?
it is also odd because I do recall them,NOAA and the science community experimenting with the atmosphere back then.
HARRP or what ever it was called , back then they said controlling the weather could help with all sorts of stuff. seeding clouds to make it rain and so on ?
I wont mention, not one of those NOAA scientist that performed these test have called to plant one tree or given a opinion of a correcting action ?

A few years after the Halloween snow we had back then, we had a blizzard.
IMHO everything they say contradicts what they have actually done ,is it a hoax ? are they playing some perverted game ?
Reality says its a good possibility , seems like a lot more money in it now then ever before .
Hobbyman2 Favorite Quote: "If a man does his best, what else is there?"
- General George S. Patton (1885-1945)