Key Fob Keyless Entry Remote Shell Case

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

reible
Platinum Member

Key Fob Keyless Entry Remote Shell Case

Post by reible »

For a lot of people they will never own a car/van/truck long enough to ever need to think about a replacement for the Key Fob Keyless Entry Remote Shell Case but I did.

I have a 2000 T&C van and while the case is still together it is well worn and since it was needing new batteries I wondered if one could buy a replacement case and do the batteries and the case at the same time. Turns out that they do make them, well at least for my van. Amazon is where I got mine but I'm thinking other places may carry them too.

Here on the back you can see the cracks starting:
k2a.jpg
k2a.jpg (125.57 KiB) Viewed 3945 times
While I know what button does what it getting pretty hard to read the labels:
k3.jpg
k3.jpg (87.15 KiB) Viewed 3945 times
Just like when the batteries need replacing you have to open the case up, not much to it, just looks like this:
k4.jpg
k4.jpg (116.07 KiB) Viewed 3945 times
You have to pull the circuit board out of the rubber pad to get the switch contact film out and this is what it looks like when you are that far:
k5.jpg
k5.jpg (89.05 KiB) Viewed 3945 times
The new case also needs the battery contacts from the old one:
k5.jpg
k5.jpg (89.05 KiB) Viewed 3945 times
Then it time to put it all back together. The contact film goes back in the new rubber pad followed by the circuit card. This goes in the new front shell. The batteries go in the back shell.
k6.jpg
k6.jpg (95.39 KiB) Viewed 3945 times
Then you snap the two shell pieces together and you have a new looking fob:
k1.jpg
k1.jpg (96.52 KiB) Viewed 3945 times
Good for another 20 years??? Well not planning on keeping it that long so someone else might find out or perhaps it will be a junk yard or land fill by then or well who knows?

Ed
Attachments
k5a.jpg
k5a.jpg (68.72 KiB) Viewed 3945 times
{Knight of the Shopsmith} [Hero's don't wear capes, they wear dog tags]