Come on, admit it. It has crossed your mind

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

skou
Platinum Member

Re: Come on, admit it. It has crossed your mind

Post by skou »

RFGuy wrote:
Gene Howe wrote: Being in the boonies out east of Snowflake, finding any hardwood lumber source is a chore. Spellman in Flagstaff is one. Been to the one in PHX. The difference is night and day. But, a bit out of your way. Ive had good luck with Timbers Woodworking in Mesa. (935 E. Southern). Decent variety of domestics and fairly priced. And, the best prices I've found for BB.
Thanks Gene. I had heard of Timbers but thought they mostly sold woodworking machinery. I'll have to stop by there and check on their lumber selection. Good to know.
There are 2 buildings on the lot, the lumber building is a bit larger.
The machinery building, has ALL KINDS of adult toys. (Woodworking
toys, you sicko.)

Gene, RFguy, look me up when you come in, I'd LOVE to
meet both of you. (Or, anyone else on this Forum.)

steve
10 ER, stripped down.
Basic 10ER, Parts machine. Will be a semi-dedicated drill-press machine.
10 ER, a "survivor" of the trailer fire, in the back yard, needing restoration. Has a Mk5 headrest. Finally, stripped down.
Numerous parts, for Model 10 stuff. Except for lower saw guard, A and B adapters, I've got it.

Looking for one more, or some 9 inch extension table raisers.
DrakeFrst
Bronze Member

Post by DrakeFrst »

LOL, I definitely got some of it in my last project as well, tough luck! Next time will be better for sure. Well, I hope so.
garys
Platinum Member

Post by garys »

Maybe I'm one of the lucky few. About 2 miles from my house is a custom woodworking shop that also is a supplier of a large selection of hardwoods of any kind imaginable. Customers are welcome to browse the wood stock and pick the pieces you want. There are no hardwood trees in my area to supply them so they ship the wood in by the truckload so they always have a great selection. And, they are significantly cheaper than the online places I've looked at. Plus, I don't have to pay for shipping. Just run over 2 miles to the store with my pickup and get whatever I want.

A couple of years ago I built a cherry cabinet and wanted some cabinet grade cherry plywood. They had some in stock, but it was the fiber core (MDF). I wanted wood core. The shop owner said he could get it in about a week when his next truck came in. And, he got it as promised. It is a great place to deal with.
jsburger
Platinum Member

Post by jsburger »

garys wrote:Maybe I'm one of the lucky few. About 2 miles from my house is a custom woodworking shop that also is a supplier of a large selection of hardwoods of any kind imaginable. Customers are welcome to browse the wood stock and pick the pieces you want. There are no hardwood trees in my area to supply them so they ship the wood in by the truckload so they always have a great selection. And, they are significantly cheaper than the online places I've looked at. Plus, I don't have to pay for shipping. Just run over 2 miles to the store with my pickup and get whatever I want.

A couple of years ago I built a cherry cabinet and wanted some cabinet grade cherry plywood. They had some in stock, but it was the fiber core (MDF). I wanted wood core. The shop owner said he could get it in about a week when his next truck came in. And, he got it as promised. It is a great place to deal with.
I have a place like that here. Been in business over 100 years. Custom work only and they don't do any finishing. I buy all my hard wood there.
John & Mary Burger
Eagle's Lair Woodshop
Hooper, UT
bicman
Gold Member

Post by bicman »

https://www.cortlandhardwood.com/

https://www.bairdbrothers.com/

http://www.keimlumber.com/

Companies above, especially Baird Brothers in Canfield, Ohio near Youngstown ship all over the USA.