Do You Need a Shopsmith Manual

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

chapmanruss
Platinum Member

Do You Need a Shopsmith Manual

Post by chapmanruss »

Looking this morning I found an ad on eBay titled "SHOPSMITH Model 10-ER Owner's Guide & Parts Manual on CD" for sale. The seller has it for $7.26 plus $1.00 for shipping. That seller is quite the entrepreneur. :rolleyes:

Anyone looking for Manuals for their older Shopsmith, please save yourself some money and DO NOT BUY copies at online sales. They are available free for the older tools both here through the forum and other websites. For newer Manuals you will have to buy a used copy or you can buy a new Manual here on the Shopsmith Website. Shopsmith also has some free PDF copies of Manuals and information sheets available here the their website. We need to respect the copyright and those who own them on these Manuals.

One of our best resources for PDF copies of Manuals is here on the Forum in the Maintenance and Repair section for Shopsmith Large Format Drawings, Illustrations and More by Everett Davis. This will be one of the first three topics. In it you will find a wealth of information on the Shopsmith tools. Some are directly linked there and others are on “My Google Drive” with documents too large to be directly linked. Everett has become the Shopsmith historian by saving and restoring manuals and other documents. As his time allows he adds more to the collection.

If you do feel the need to have an original printed Manual for your Shopsmith Tools by all means shop around for a good deal on the right Manual. Keep in mind that there were more than a dozen Manual versions for the Model 10's and around the same for the early Mark 5's made in the 1950's & 1960's. Both the Model 10 and Mark 5 Shopsmith's had many changes made to them during their production. It was these changes that created the need for new Manuals in many cases with updates to the exploded views and parts lists for the machines. Changes have continued through the Mark V models even into the production of the Mark V 520. As a reference the attached PDF shows many of the changes to the Mark 5/V over the years.
Mark 5-V changes.pdf
(88.54 KiB) Downloaded 1307 times
Not included in the list is the addition of the Rip Scale to the front Fence Rail on the 520.
Russ

Mark V completely upgraded to Mark 7
Mark V 520
All SPT's & 2 Power Stations
Model 10ER S/N R64000 first one I restored on bench w/ metal ends & retractable casters.
Has Speed Changer, 4E Jointer, Jig Saw with lamp, a complete set of original accessories & much more.
Model 10E's S/N's 1076 & 1077 oldest ones I have restored. Mark 2 S/N 85959 restored. Others to be restored.