Support your local businesses

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

WileyCoyote
Gold Member

Support your local businesses

Post by WileyCoyote »

We had planned a trip to Lowes yesterday and on the way my wife had a great idea. Why don't we go to Ace Hardware and support a local company. I told her usually the prices are not comparable to the big box stores. We walked into Ace and three employees greeted us at the door. They offered us sanitizer and gloves and ensured us they wipe down the areas customers go to once they leave the store. They helped us and we were out of there in less than 10 minutes. We were also the only customers in the store.
It sure makes you feel good that they take this situation serious and are trying their best to protect their customers, and in the process gain a customer for life. BTW, the prices were very comparable and 15 minutes closer to our house. It was definitely a learning experience for me.
Gene Howe
Platinum Member

Re: Support your local businesses

Post by Gene Howe »

Ace is the closest hardware store to me by 30 miles. I was in Thursday and, it was fairly busy. But, we've had no known instances of the virus within at least 100 miles.
Ed in Tampa
Platinum Member

Re: Support your local businesses

Post by Ed in Tampa »

Our Ace hardware is close by less than 2 miles while the big box is about 10 miles. The Ace prices are usually within a dollar or two of the Big box, I figure the savings in gas and time going to Ace is worth it. Plus there is always someone there to help.