Possible Problems

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

jsburger
Platinum Member

Re: Possible Problems

Post by jsburger »

Maybe someone is listening. Now suddenly the site response seems normal fast. Time will tell.
Edit:
Maybe I spoke too soon. It is better but there is still the same slowness sometimes.
John & Mary Burger
Eagle's Lair Woodshop
Hooper, UT
rjent
Platinum Member

Post by rjent »

jsburger wrote:Maybe someone is listening. Now suddenly the site response seems normal fast. Time will tell.
Edit:
Maybe I spoke too soon. It is better but there is still the same slowness sometimes.
I am trying this post to see if I am coming back....
Dick
1965 Mark VII S/N 407684
1951 10 ER S/N ER 44570 -- Reborn 9/16/14
1950 10 ER S/N ER 33479 Reborn July 2016
1950 10 ER S/N ER 39671
1951 jigsaw X 2
1951 !0 ER #3 in rebuild
500, Jointer, Bsaw, Bsander, Planer
2014 Mark 7 W/Lift assist - 14 4" Jointer - DC3300
And a plethora of small stuff .....

"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that you can never know if they are genuine." - Benjamin Franklin
stew
Gold Member

Post by stew »

I am having the same slowness when I am on this site too.
BuckeyeDennis
Platinum Member

Post by BuckeyeDennis »

rjent wrote:
jsburger wrote:Maybe someone is listening. Now suddenly the site response seems normal fast. Time will tell.
Edit:
I am trying this post to see if I am coming back....
Is your navigation back to normal, Dick?

The site is generally still slow for me as well. Sometimes better, sometimes worse.
garys
Platinum Member

Post by garys »

Likewise here. The site has been quite slow responding for the past couple of days. We probably need to be patient and see if things pick up again in a little while.
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

I am not experiencing 'slower than typical response, but then I have not been 'on' for a few days.
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
dusty
Platinum Member

Post by dusty »

I again am experiencing very slow response time but have noticed that it improves if I remain connected for awhile. Not a clue what that might indicate.
"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty
Sent from my Dell XPS using Firefox.
wa2crk
Platinum Member

Post by wa2crk »

The response time is slow for me also. Slow during daylight hours but noticeably faster after the dinner hour.I attribute it to our slower than normal phone and TV service.
Bill V
jsburger
Platinum Member

Post by jsburger »

It is still slow here. In Firefox if you watch the bottom of the screen where it shows the pages (links?) that are loading the slowness seems to come connecting to the main site (www.shopsmith.com). Once connected the other links fly by.
John & Mary Burger
Eagle's Lair Woodshop
Hooper, UT
dusty
Platinum Member

Post by dusty »

wa2crk wrote:The response time is slow for me also. Slow during daylight hours but noticeably faster after the dinner hour.I attribute it to our slower than normal phone and TV service.
Bill V
If this slowness could be attributed to phone and TV service would it not effect all web sites (in a given local)?

I am again believing that it is a Shopsmith Server or Shopsmith Forum issue. I spend significant time on other websites that do not exhibit this issue.
"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty
Sent from my Dell XPS using Firefox.