Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

jsburger
Platinum Member

Re: Possible Problems

Post by jsburger »

rjent wrote:
BuckeyeDennis wrote:
rjent wrote:
I am trying this post to see if I am coming back....
Is your navigation back to normal, Dick?

The site is generally still slow for me as well. Sometimes better, sometimes worse.
Not even close. Very frustrating. Mostly non functional. I had to try 10 times to reply to this. Keeps kicking me back to log in .. :mad:
Dusty was having that problem. I think it is fixed for him. I wonder how it was fixed?
John & Mary Burger
Eagle's Lair Woodshop
Hooper, UT
dusty
Platinum Member

Post by dusty »

I did every thing I know how to do and never felt like I had resolved either the issue of being "kicked back to login" OR the very slow Shopsmith Forum.

I sent a PM to admin highlighting the issues and yesterday began seeing major improvement. I don't know if this had anything to do with recovery BUT the forum has certainly recovered.
"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty
Sent from my Dell XPS using Firefox.
rjent
Platinum Member

Post by rjent »

dusty wrote:I did every thing I know how to do and never felt like I had resolved either the issue of being "kicked back to login" OR the very slow Shopsmith Forum.

I sent a PM to admin highlighting the issues and yesterday began seeing major improvement. I don't know if this had anything to do with recovery BUT the forum has certainly recovered.
That seems to be the case for me as well. So far after an hour and many page/forum changes, I have not had a problem. This is my first post as a test ... :)

TADA, it worked and I can edit too! :D
Dick
1965 Mark VII S/N 407684
1951 10 ER S/N ER 44570 -- Reborn 9/16/14
1950 10 ER S/N ER 33479 Reborn July 2016
1950 10 ER S/N ER 39671
1951 jigsaw X 2
1951 !0 ER #3 in rebuild
500, Jointer, Bsaw, Bsander, Planer
2014 Mark 7 W/Lift assist - 14 4" Jointer - DC3300
And a plethora of small stuff .....

"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that you can never know if they are genuine." - Benjamin Franklin
BuckeyeDennis
Platinum Member

Post by BuckeyeDennis »

Welcome back, Dick! :)
dusty
Platinum Member

Post by dusty »

jsburger wrote:
rjent wrote:
BuckeyeDennis wrote:
Is your navigation back to normal, Dick?

The site is generally still slow for me as well. Sometimes better, sometimes worse.
Not even close. Very frustrating. Mostly non functional. I had to try 10 times to reply to this. Keeps kicking me back to log in .. :mad:
Dusty was having that problem. I think it is fixed for him. I wonder how it was fixed?
John, the only thing I did that might have made a change to the issue of being kicked back to the login screen was updating the browser and I have no tangible evidence of that. I had been running Firefox 81.0 and I am now running 81.0.2, I do not know if I passed through or jumped over 81.0.1.

I no longer have any of the problems discussed in this thread.
"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty
RFGuy
Platinum Member

Post by RFGuy »

I noticed this forum was much faster earlier today, i.e. seemed to be back to normal. However, late afternoon here and it is back to the super slow response (10-15 seconds) when I went to submit a new post just now.
📶RF Guy

Mark V 520 (Bought New '98) | 4" jointer | 6" beltsander | 12" planer | bandsaw | router table | speed reducer | univ. tool rest
Porter Cable 12" Compound Miter Saw | Rikon 8" Low Speed Bench Grinder w/CBN wheels | Jessem Clear-Cut TS™ Stock Guides
Festool (Emerald): DF 500 Q | RO 150 FEQ | OF 1400 EQ | TS 55 REQ | CT 26 E
DC3300 | Shopvac w/ClearVue CV06 Mini Cyclone | JDS AirTech 2000 | Sundstrom PAPR | Dylos DC1100 Pro particulate monitor
jsburger
Platinum Member

Post by jsburger »

It is still fast here.
John & Mary Burger
Eagle's Lair Woodshop
Hooper, UT
stew
Gold Member

Post by stew »

everything back to normal for me as well.
dusty
Platinum Member

Post by dusty »

I do believe that the problem(s), whatever it/they was/were, Has/have been repaired.

Another possible issue: If you maintain backup files or an image disc, I suggest that you verify performance. I just discovered that my backups are not being recognized. I am now in the process of creating repair disk, backup disk and system image on a different remote HD. I do not know if there is a connection but I am not taking any chances.
"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty
RFGuy
Platinum Member

Post by RFGuy »

Am I the only one seeing slowness with the forum again? It has been incredibly slow this morning and was also slow yesterday intermittently. I have a very fast cable connection and this is the only website that is slow for me. Page loads can be 10-15 seconds and posting a message can be longer than 20 seconds.
📶RF Guy

Mark V 520 (Bought New '98) | 4" jointer | 6" beltsander | 12" planer | bandsaw | router table | speed reducer | univ. tool rest
Porter Cable 12" Compound Miter Saw | Rikon 8" Low Speed Bench Grinder w/CBN wheels | Jessem Clear-Cut TS™ Stock Guides
Festool (Emerald): DF 500 Q | RO 150 FEQ | OF 1400 EQ | TS 55 REQ | CT 26 E
DC3300 | Shopvac w/ClearVue CV06 Mini Cyclone | JDS AirTech 2000 | Sundstrom PAPR | Dylos DC1100 Pro particulate monitor