Possible Problems

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

edflorence
Platinum Member

Re: Possible Problems

Post by edflorence »

I am sorry that didn't work, John. I am now out of ideas, I guess. Since you have contacted Admin, maybe there is something they can do to change the Board Style from their end.
Ed
Idaho Panhandle
Mark 5 of various vintages, Mini with reversing motor, bs, dc3300, jointer, increaser, decreaser
jsburger
Platinum Member

Post by jsburger »

edflorence wrote:I am sorry that didn't work, John. I am now out of ideas, I guess. Since you have contacted Admin, maybe there is something they can do to change the Board Style from their end.
I certainly hope admin responds. The board style was my first thought when it first happened. I have tried everything I can think of but cant find a link for changing the board style.

It has to be something in the SS end with my configuration since if I don't log in everything is fine.
John & Mary Burger
Eagle's Lair Woodshop
Hooper, UT
dusty
Platinum Member

Post by dusty »

Yes. I shut down every thing, including my modem/router. I reloaded the router. The problem universal to three computers (all attempting to utilize the same network individually). This is going to be difficult for Admin to resolve because the symptoms are not always the same - Reible reports "No Problem".
"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty
Sent from my Dell XPS using Firefox.
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

No problems here either. shopsmith/w10/ff
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
dusty
Platinum Member

Post by dusty »

John, I have nearly the same symptoms as you describe.

I can actually login but if I attempt to access any of the forums (Community, etc) or any of the posts within those forums, I get kicked back to the log in page.

I can few the Members list. I can modify profile. I can access and edit Board Preferences. I can access and send Private Messages.

Once logged in, I can NOT access the forum for discussion but what I get kicked back to the log in screen.

I suspect that I could register as a new user and experience the same problems.

I got here by Searching My Posts and then Posting to a thread that was there.

When I log out and try to come back in...I will get kicked back to the log in page and there I can read all the threads as normal for a guest.

Thus, maybe it is incorrect to refer to this as just a log in problem.

I have NO Issue with any other site I normally access.
"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty
jsburger
Platinum Member

Post by jsburger »

dusty wrote:John, I have nearly the same symptoms as you describe.

I can actually login but if I attempt to access any of the forums (Community, etc) or any of the posts within those forums, I get kicked back to the log in page.

I can few the Members list. I can modify profile. I can access and edit Board Preferences. I can access and send Private Messages.

Once logged in, I can NOT access the forum for discussion but what I get kicked back to the log in screen.

I suspect that I could register as a new user and experience the same problems.

I got here by Searching My Posts and then Posting to a thread that was there.

When I log out and try to come back in...I will get kicked back to the log in page and there I can read all the threads as normal for a guest.

Thus, maybe it is incorrect to refer to this as just a log in problem.

I have NO Issue with any other site I normally access.
I am not sure our symptoms are exactly the same but may be related. I never get kicked back to the log in page. I just don't get a GUI (HTML) page when logged in. It is mostly plain text with underlined links for the various buttons on the GUI pages. Things are missing and some links do nothing. There are no links to post an attachment or change the board style.

JPG and garys seem to think it is not a SS problem. Well I didn't change anything and I am quite sure you didn't either so whose problem is it?

Just as you, when logged out I can read everything as a guest as normal.
Last edited by jsburger on Thu Sep 24, 2020 5:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
John & Mary Burger
Eagle's Lair Woodshop
Hooper, UT
dusty
Platinum Member

Post by dusty »

To show how intermittent this is...I just clicked on a Thread Title in "Community" and here I am. I usually log out before I quit for the day but I am not going to do that now. We'll see what we see tomorrow.
"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty
reible
Platinum Member

Post by reible »

Here is another thing you can try.

for an address:

https://96.11.138.91/ss_forum/

You will get a couple error messages but that is normal. You will now have arrived at the actual shopsmith site address rather then a cached one on some place in the web that could be pointing you to the wrong place.

You will have to log in and then see what happens.

Ed
{Knight of the Shopsmith} [Hero's don't wear capes, they wear dog tags]
jsburger
Platinum Member

Post by jsburger »

reible wrote:Here is another thing you can try.

for an address:

https://96.11.138.91/ss_forum/

You will get a couple error messages but that is normal. You will now have arrived at the actual shopsmith site address rather then a cached one on some place in the web that could be pointing you to the wrong place.

You will have to log in and then see what happens.

Ed
Nope, I am there now and the same result.
John & Mary Burger
Eagle's Lair Woodshop
Hooper, UT
dusty
Platinum Member

Post by dusty »

Some one is sure to ask how I can post if I can't access the "Community" forum. I get here by logging in and then using the search function which works. Once there I "jump to post" and am able to enter (as I am right now).
"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty