Possible Problems

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

reible
Platinum Member

Re: Possible Problems

Post by reible »

Dusty are you following the other thread on this subject? If so did you happen to try my last possible solutions to see if that would help? Hey we are all rooting for you two with the problem........

Ed
{Knight of the Shopsmith} [Hero's don't wear capes, they wear dog tags]
dusty
Platinum Member

Post by dusty »

reible wrote:Dusty are you following the other thread on this subject? If so did you happen to try my last possible solutions to see if that would help? Hey we are all rooting for you two with the problem........

Ed
Yes, I have been following both threads. Fortunately I can read the threads even when I am not logged in. I have tried everything that has been suggested. Using the codes that you suggested was enlightening even if it was not resolution.
"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty
Sent from my Dell XPS using Firefox.
reible
Platinum Member

Post by reible »

"Delete all board cookies" didn't work either, this is some odd problem. Hope Admin can get this solved as it doesn't appear it can be done from the user side.

Ed
{Knight of the Shopsmith} [Hero's don't wear capes, they wear dog tags]
dusty
Platinum Member

Post by dusty »

reible wrote:"Delete all board cookies" didn't work either, this is some odd problem. Hope Admin can get this solved as it doesn't appear it can be done from the user side.

Ed
Hallelujah The symptoms are gone. I don't know what has happened or what was done but the forum seems to be normal this morning.

As a result of my tinkering with this, I have become aware of something that I did not know. It is possible to log into the forum using the same username and password from two different computers simultaneously.

All I can do now is hope that my "log in" problem does not return. :confused:
"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty
dusty
Platinum Member

Post by dusty »

I spoke too soon. The issue persists.
"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty
dusty
Platinum Member

Post by dusty »

My interpretation of the symptoms has also changed. I have stated that I get kicked back to the log in page and that may be incorrect. I get sent back to the home page whenever I attempt to click om either a thread title or Forum title. After being sent back to the home page if I click on the return arrow (upper left corner) I get sent back to the Forum - where I can doing most other operations like view member list, search, change profile, etc.

When I first attempted to use the forum this morning all seemed to work well. No more.
"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty
rpd
Platinum Member

Post by rpd »

dusty wrote:My interpretation of the symptoms has also changed. I have stated that I get kicked back to the log in page and that may be incorrect. I get sent back to the home page whenever I attempt to click om either a thread title or Forum title. After being sent back to the home page if I click on the return arrow (upper left corner) I get sent back to the Forum - where I can doing most other operations like view member list, search, change profile, etc.

When I first attempted to use the forum this morning all seemed to work well. No more.
Don't use the back arrow, to improve speed it takes you back to a copy of the page stored on your computer, rather than re loading a current-up to date version of the page from the website.
Ron Dyck
==================================================================
10ER #23430, 10ER #84609, 10ER #94987,two SS A-34 jigsaws for 10ER.
1959 Mark 5 #356595 Greenie, SS Magna Jointer, SS planer, SS bandsaw, SS scroll saw (gray), DC3300,
dusty
Platinum Member

Post by dusty »

rpd wrote:
dusty wrote:My interpretation of the symptoms has also changed. I have stated that I get kicked back to the log in page and that may be incorrect. I get sent back to the home page whenever I attempt to click om either a thread title or Forum title. After being sent back to the home page if I click on the return arrow (upper left corner) I get sent back to the Forum - where I can doing most other operations like view member list, search, change profile, etc.

Don't use the back arrow, to improve speed it takes you back to a copy of the page stored on your computer, rather than re loading a current-up to date version of the page from the website.
I don't typically use the back arrow. While working with this phenomena, I have been "clicking around" trying to determine what is and what is not working.

It present: What is not working? I can not click on any of the titles under Main Woodworking Forums. If I do, I get sent back to the Home Page.

However, I can click on those titles under Last Post. I am then given access to the last post in which ever Forum I clicked. As long as I am there, all is well (no limitations). I can also click on the author of that last post. This takes me to Viewing Profile (of that author). There I can click on any of the "Jump to Post" that exist. At that point all is normal.

I then get back to the problem if I Jump to and of the five forums.
"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty
dusty
Platinum Member

Post by dusty »

Could the browser be at fault??? Right now I am using Microsoft Edge rather than Firefox and it operates as it should.
"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty
jsburger
Platinum Member

Post by jsburger »

dusty wrote:Could the browser be at fault??? Right now I am using Microsoft Edge rather than Firefox and it operates as it should.
Flush the cache in FF and see if that fixes it.
John & Mary Burger
Eagle's Lair Woodshop
Hooper, UT