Possible Problems

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

jsburger
Platinum Member

Re: Possible Problems

Post by jsburger »

RFGuy wrote:Am I the only one seeing slowness with the forum again? It has been incredibly slow this morning and was also slow yesterday intermittently. I have a very fast cable connection and this is the only website that is slow for me. Page loads can be 10-15 seconds and posting a message can be longer than 20 seconds.
Yes, the same here. Yesterday it was intermittent. Today more slow than intermittent.
John & Mary Burger
Eagle's Lair Woodshop
Hooper, UT
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

Y'all are on the wrong side of he Mississippi . :D
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
jsburger
Platinum Member

Post by jsburger »

JPG wrote:Y'all are on the wrong side of he Mississippi . :D
I figured it was probably something like that. :eek: :D
John & Mary Burger
Eagle's Lair Woodshop
Hooper, UT
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

jsburger wrote:
JPG wrote:Y'all are on the wrong side of he Mississippi . :D
I figured it was probably something like that. :eek: :D
Anyone on the west side of the Colorado working??? :rolleyes:
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
reible
Platinum Member

Post by reible »

Slower here in IL but not as bad as some other times.

Ed
{Knight of the Shopsmith} [Hero's don't wear capes, they wear dog tags]
stew
Gold Member

Post by stew »

I'm back to slowing down again on this site only.
RFGuy
Platinum Member

Post by RFGuy »

So, I noticed sometimes when pages are slow to load on this forum a message in the bottom corner of my browser (Chrome) indicating it was waiting on Google Analytics. Wondering if this was to blame for the slowness of the forum lately, I came across the ability to check which components of a webpage are slow to load. For anyone interested, you can find more info at this link: https://www.analyticsmarket.com/blog/tr ... s-my-site/. Using this, I clicked on the most recent new post on the forum, i.e. it wasn't cached for me yet. On the right in the pic below you can see a sorted list of the webpage components and how long each took. Items #2 and #3 are related to Google Analytics and total about 50ms which is slow, but no where near the worst offender. Item #1 is the raw HTML of the webpage, which took 12.44 seconds to load. This raw html is just a small (15kB) text file and should not take 12.44 seconds to load. Much further down on the list are assorted image files, javascripts, etc. for this webpage. What this tells me is that the slowness on this site that we have been seeing for several weeks now is server lag on the site that hosts this forum. Anyone know how to get in touch with ADMIN for the forum to have this looked into?
slowness_zoom.jpg
slowness_zoom.jpg (141.9 KiB) Viewed 988 times
slowness.jpg
slowness.jpg (325.69 KiB) Viewed 988 times
📶RF Guy

Mark V 520 (Bought New '98) | 4" jointer | 6" beltsander | 12" planer | bandsaw | router table | speed reducer | univ. tool rest
Porter Cable 12" Compound Miter Saw | Rikon 8" Low Speed Bench Grinder w/CBN wheels | Jessem Clear-Cut TS™ Stock Guides
Festool (Emerald): DF 500 Q | RO 150 FEQ | OF 1400 EQ | TS 55 REQ | CT 26 E
DC3300 | Shopvac w/ClearVue CV06 Mini Cyclone | JDS AirTech 2000 | Sundstrom PAPR | Dylos DC1100 Pro particulate monitor