ShopSmith Model ER

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

chehalem
Bronze Member

ShopSmith Model ER

Post by chehalem »

I have all of my dad's (he is 99) shop tools, which include a ShopSmith Model ER..he used it for years, and it has been collecting dust here for another dozen or so. Anyone interested in such a machine? My husband is not and I would love it to go somewhere where it can still be used for a fair price.

Any takers? I'm outside Hillsboro, Oregon...
chapmanruss
Platinum Member

Re: ShopSmith Model ER

Post by chapmanruss »

Hello chehelem,

Generally this site is not for selling tools but for sharing information about them. I would suggest advertising it online at craigslist or like sites. Depending on it's condition and the included accessories will determine it's value to a possible buyer. Online ads are the easiest way to sell locally and do include pictures. This is not something you want to have to ship to a buyer. Currently there are a couple Model 10 for sale in the Portland and near by areas. They are a bit pricy in my opinion which may be why they haven't sold yet or there hasn't been a lot of interest with the nice weather we have had. Now that the rain has set in today, there will be time for more indoor activities like woodworking. There are a lot of factors that will affect the interest in these tools.
Russ

Mark V completely upgraded to Mark 7
Mark V 520
All SPT's & 2 Power Stations
Model 10ER S/N R64000 first one I restored on bench w/ metal ends & retractable casters.
Has Speed Changer, 4E Jointer, Jig Saw with lamp, a complete set of original accessories & much more.
Model 10E's S/N's 1076 & 1077 oldest ones I have restored. Mark 2 S/N 85959 restored. Others to be restored.