Rust-oleum Professional High Performance Enamel

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

reible
Platinum Member

Rust-oleum Professional High Performance Enamel

Post by reible »

Just picked up a couple of cans of this stuff. 15 minute fast dry, any-angle spray, tough enough for industrial applications, high-output tip (50% faster coverage). 15 OZ cans are $5.87, can this stuff be this good?
spray.jpg
spray.jpg (162.26 KiB) Viewed 688 times
Anyone try it? Got mine at Menard's where they are still having the 11% rebate thing going on. So actual cost is slightly less after you add the sales tax and postage to send the refund in.....

If it gets warm enough and if the wind isn't too strong I hope to try it tomorrow.

Ed
{Knight of the Shopsmith} [Hero's don't wear capes, they wear dog tags]
sehast
Gold Member

Re: Rust-oleum Professional High Performance Enamel

Post by sehast »

Yup, very good stuff. I used it on some corn hole boards I made a few years ago and it is holding up surprisingly well. It polishes very well after it is cured.
reible
Platinum Member

Re: Rust-oleum Professional High Performance Enamel

Post by reible »

seems to work quite well. Bird feeders had some rust and missing paint so i did a quick clean up and got loose rust off, Reformer first then this paint.

The feeders were all green so for a change I did the tops yellow. I think I like it.
feedersready.jpg
feedersready.jpg (201.88 KiB) Viewed 599 times
The plastic on both were not looking good and each had a crack so I purchased a sheet and cut new ones. The see through is for me to check seed levels and don't think the birds could care less.

I put the feeders out about Thanksgiving time so I hope the paint smell will be dissipated by then. Just going to leave them out in the air and see how it goes.

Ed
{Knight of the Shopsmith} [Hero's don't wear capes, they wear dog tags]