Who Is Online

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

jsburger
Platinum Member

Re: Who Is Online

Post by jsburger »

MODERATOR wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 5:07 pm COMMUNITY AT 17.01.jpg
Well if things have changed they just changed a few days ago. It has never been that way since you have been a moderator.
John & Mary Burger
Eagle's Lair Woodshop
Hooper, UT
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

Much has changed recently. I suspect more shall follow as well as some things reverting. Admin has truly been keeping long hours judging by some post times.
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
jsburger
Platinum Member

Post by jsburger »

JPG wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 5:16 pm Much has changed recently. I suspect more shall follow as well as some things reverting. Admin has truly been keeping long hours judging by some post times.
I agree, and it is very much appreciated. I will say that if the Who Is On Line stays the way it is now it is useless to registered users and does not need to clutter up the page.
John & Mary Burger
Eagle's Lair Woodshop
Hooper, UT
admin
Gold Member

Post by admin »

I changed some of these settings to reduce database load and improve security.

The member list and who's online is something that spammers were checking to see if they've succeeded at registering
Shopsmith I.T.
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

I think we can live with that! Anything that discourages spammers is preferable in spite of any 'inconvenience' to 'legitimate' members.
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
jsburger
Platinum Member

Post by jsburger »

admin wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 5:30 pm I changed some of these settings to reduce database load and improve security.

The member list and who's online is something that spammers were checking to see if they've succeeded at registering
Now we know. :) So now that SPAM has mostly been mitigated (so far I guess) will the setting be changed back?
John & Mary Burger
Eagle's Lair Woodshop
Hooper, UT
dusty
Platinum Member

Post by dusty »

jsburger wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 4:36 pm
dusty wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 4:17 pm
jsburger wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 4:10 pm

Yes, it has always been that way but that is not the issue.
Then this (what I see) is not what you see when viewing from the Index Page.