Hearing aid battery life.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

BobCoates1953
Gold Member

Hearing aid battery life.

Post by BobCoates1953 »

Watch a YouTube about making hearing aid batteries last longer, he put tape over the batteries when he removed them, I though that might leave a sticky residue.
So I decided to use the original covering to put over one of them when I took them out
Result was about 17 hrs. Difference.
I don’t wear them every day and not always all day. Don’t wear them in shop.
Your results may be different, mine were kirkland brand 312.

Daily use table date/hours in use.
14/5 15/2 16/7.5 17/10 18/0 19/12 20/0 21/5 22/5 23/3 25*/10.5 26/6.5 second failed
* the first battery failed.after 49.5 hours of use with no covering. The second failed at 66.5 hours.
Anyone else tried this?

Bob
dusty
Platinum Member

Re: Hearing aid battery life.

Post by dusty »

I have rechargeables and I wear them all of the time I am out of bed. I don't hear much without them. I spent too much time on the flight line and in test hangars.

Without my earplugs I must admit.
"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty
Sent from my Dell XPS using Firefox.
jsburger
Platinum Member

Post by jsburger »

dusty wrote: Sun Dec 27, 2020 6:40 pm I have rechargeables and I wear them all of the time I am out of bed. I don't hear much without them. I spent too much time on the flight line and in test hangars.
I resemble that. :eek: 24 years on the flight line. Fortunately, I don't need hearing aids yet but my ears ring all the time and I have a high frequency loss.

The loudest thing I have ever heard is the F-111F aircraft. The F model had different engines than the earlier models. I worked them at Mt. Home AFB on my first duty assignment from 1972-1975. They were brand new and we were taking them direct from the factory.

If you worked the end of runway (EOR) during launch the job was the last check of the aircraft before take off. As a weapons guy it was our job to go under the aircraft when it was running at EOR and check all the munitions and pull the safety pins. When the pilot taxied out to the runway about 200 yards away and hit the after burners the entire truck (6 pack) we were in would shake.
John & Mary Burger
Eagle's Lair Woodshop
Hooper, UT
DOWeaver
Gold Member

Post by DOWeaver »

I also use hearing aid batterys 312 rechargeable I get about 1 year of service , per pair. average 12hours per day. At a year start losing down to 4/6 hrs. and then replace. I was never on a flight line but built and rebult many small engines. So please use your protection. save those ears. DOweaver Indy
Dale
1992 Mark V with 510 upgrades All SPT Machine in black II
1950 #24616 10 E Demo All Parts and extras used as drill press. Teresa
1951 #45246 10 ER SS Refurbished Shelly + Brent
Early 1951 #47982 10 ER SS Refurbished
Late 1951 #53316 10 ER SS Refurbished
Also addicted tool collector
sehast
Gold Member

Post by sehast »

I got my hearing aids from the VA and get batteries from them. They last almost a week, usually a day or two less. Depends on how much shop time I have since I don't ware them there. I was able to survive flying F-105s and F-4s and even sharing a flight line with EB-66s with little damage. What got me was the 5 inch guns on the USS Tower destroyer. I spent about a week onboard where they had a couple of shooting sessions. Of course most of us did not have any ear protection at all, except for my hands. After about 30 minutes of shooting it took the rest of the day for my ears to totally recover. Well not totally, thirty years later I was a candidate for hearing aids.