Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

reible
Platinum Member

OH NO my IP has been banned!

Post by reible »

Seriously:
banned.jpg
banned.jpg (78.08 KiB) Viewed 653 times
So no worries, I went and used my vpn service to come in with a different IP address so I could fix this. Interesting, maybe I did it to myself?

All better now

Ed
{Knight of the Shopsmith} [Hero's don't wear capes, they wear dog tags]
jsburger
Platinum Member

Re: OH NO my IP has been banned!

Post by jsburger »

What VPN software are you using? I just started using Malwarebytes new VPN. I have been using Malwarebytes for years. I also have Malwarebytes browser guard installed on Firefox.

I tried Malwarebytes VPN for free for a week and saw absolutely no issues so I bought it. $60 a year for 5 devices. The only problem I have see is that depending on where I tell the VPN to say where I am coming from one or two sites don't work. Not sure why that is. No problem though. If I set it to Salt Lake City all works.
John & Mary Burger
Eagle's Lair Woodshop
Hooper, UT
reible
Platinum Member

Post by reible »

I use NORDVPN. At the time it was I think $72 for three years and 6 devices. One thing you want to look for is a service that doesn't keep records. Hard for the government to get records that don't exist. Also important can be if they have the service for phones and other android like devices. I use it on my firestick unless I am using Prime.

If you want to use things like your Amazon account for movies you have to turn it off. On the other hand there are countries where you have to have a local IP address to watch shows and this is great for that. It does slow things down just a little but not that much and you have the piece of mind that you are a little safer while online. I always make sure it is on if I got to a place I'm not familiar with, better safe then sorry.

Ed
{Knight of the Shopsmith} [Hero's don't wear capes, they wear dog tags]
jsburger
Platinum Member

Post by jsburger »

Malwarebytes VPN does not keep records. That is one reason I chose it. The other is I trust them. I have been using their software for years. I have Malwarebyte Premium anti-malware on all my computers and my Android phones and they have the VPN software for Android coming out soon.

I have not noticed much if any slow down. I can run Speed Test back to back with the VPN turned on and off and don't see much difference one way or the other. You are always going to see some difference due to the different servers involved.
John & Mary Burger
Eagle's Lair Woodshop
Hooper, UT
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

Yes Ed YOU did ban thyself! :D

Thank You for testing the effectiveness of banning. :cool:
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
bainin
Platinum Member

Post by bainin »

I know this is a trusting community- but I would recommend not publishing which software is used to protect your networks.

b