Stimulus Check

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

JPG
Platinum Member

Re: Stimulus Check

Post by JPG »

Am I to understand that thy return filed LAST year is accessible on IRS.gov for perusal by thee? (Hopefully an exclusive access)

I have never had a need for that 'feature'.
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
dusty
Platinum Member

Post by dusty »

JPG wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 10:28 am Am I to understand that thy return filed LAST year is accessible on IRS.gov for perusal by thee? (Hopefully an exclusive access)

I have never had a need for that 'feature'.
Yes. Several past years (I think 6) can be viewed by simply registering at IRS.GOV. Username and Password established at first log in. To have a complete picture, spouse must also register. Some data (such as SS details) shows only on the registered user page.

SSA.GOV also has a wealth of information available. I strongly recommend to all that you register with these two sites. The SSA site is especially helpful. The IRS site has a lot of info but does not offer a lot of assistance if something doesn't look right.
"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty
Sent from my Dell XPS using Firefox.
dusty
Platinum Member

Post by dusty »

Well it finally happened. IRS.GOV now shows that my 2019 taxes have been paid and the account transcript is complete.

I wonder now how long it will take for the website to show the 2020 status.
"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty
jsburger
Platinum Member

Post by jsburger »

dusty wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 5:45 pm Well it finally happened. IRS.GOV now shows that my 2019 taxes have been paid and the account transcript is complete.

Just a question out of curiosity. Why does it matter what IRS.Gov says about this? I have never checked to see if my taxes have been paid. If I owe and my check clears the bank they are paid. If I get a refund and it shows up in my account they are paid. Both things usually happen about 3 weeks after filing.
John & Mary Burger
Eagle's Lair Woodshop
Hooper, UT
dusty
Platinum Member

Post by dusty »

jsburger wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 6:01 pm
dusty wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 5:45 pm Well it finally happened. IRS.GOV now shows that my 2019 taxes have been paid and the account transcript is complete.

Just a question out of curiosity. Why does it matter what IRS.Gov says about this? I have never checked to see if my taxes have been paid. If I owe and my check clears the bank they are paid. If I get a refund and it shows up in my account they are paid. Both things usually happen about 3 weeks after filing.
Maybe three weeks for you but that has not been my experience. Oh, yeah. Maybe if all you are waiting for is a refund or stimulus check. If they show up in your account...fine. I did finally get the last stimulus check so that is a done deal unless there is a fourth.

I have had problems with my tax returns so I pay attention to what the IRS thinks they know. The website is usually a very helpful tool but not so the last couple years. I filed my 2020 taxes on February 3 and the check was posted a couple weeks later but IRS.Gov still does not show that.
"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty