Stimulus Check

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

JPG
Platinum Member

Re: Stimulus Check

Post by JPG »

ChrisNeilan wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 11:09 pm I’m employed full time (60 hours a week!) No check for me. As a tier 1b worker, I get my vaccine Friday! Grateful.
1 "b" ???
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
beeg
Platinum Member

Post by beeg »

JPG wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 2:19 pm
ChrisNeilan wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 11:09 pm I’m employed full time (60 hours a week!) No check for me. As a tier 1b worker, I get my vaccine Friday! Grateful.
1 "b" ???
Funeral Director
SS 500(09/1980), DC3300, jointer, bandsaw, belt sander, Strip Sander, drum sanders,molder, dado, biscuit joiner, universal lathe tool rest, Oneway talon chuck, router bits & chucks and a De Walt 735 planer,a #5,#6, block planes. ALL in a 100 square foot shop.

Bob
dusty
Platinum Member

Post by dusty »

The IRS website (get my payment) is up and running but is very slow. They say it is due to the level of demand.

If you go there read the instructions very carefully. For example: They ask for your address. All they want is the street number. If you provide city or town it errors and then you have trouble getting back in.

Typical Government job I guess.
"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty
Sent from my Dell XPS using Firefox.
reible
Platinum Member

Post by reible »

And mine is getting mailed to me??? First one was deposited in the bank but I guess they decided to just mail it this time?????

Ed
{Knight of the Shopsmith} [Hero's don't wear capes, they wear dog tags]
garys
Platinum Member

Post by garys »

The way USPS is struggling right now to deliver things on time Dusty, you should have the check before Christmas. :)
dusty
Platinum Member

Post by dusty »

garys wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 2:42 pm The way USPS is struggling right now to deliver things on time Dusty, you should have the check before Christmas. :)
If I am lucky!
"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty
dusty
Platinum Member

Post by dusty »

dusty wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 6:48 pm
garys wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 2:42 pm The way USPS is struggling right now to deliver things on time Dusty, you should have the check before Christmas. :)
If I am lucky!
I am not lucky and it is not the fault of the post office.

It looks like my stimulus is now being delayed by the inactions of our Government. $600 or $1000 or $1400 or $2000 or nothing. They don't seem to know how much (if any) or when.

I really feel for those who need this help the most.
"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty
john_001
Gold Member

Post by john_001 »

We got ours on New Year's Eve, deposited to our bank account. No announcement - it just showed up on our statement.

On another note, our tax refund was really late last year, so they paid us interest on it. Since they'd have charged us interest if we were late, at least they're fair about it. Today we just got a note from the IRS telling us that the interest has to be reported as taxable income! The IRS giveth and the IRS taketh away.
jsburger
Platinum Member

Post by jsburger »

john_001 wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 1:43 pm We got ours on New Year's Eve, deposited to our bank account. No announcement - it just showed up on our statement.

On another note, our tax refund was really late last year, so they paid us interest on it. Since they'd have charged us interest if we were late, at least they're fair about it. Today we just got a note from the IRS telling us that the interest has to be reported as taxable income! The IRS giveth and the IRS taketh away.
All interest is taxable income. Even the interest from a tax free annuity it taxable income. It is only tax free until you take it out. Then you pay the tax on it.
John & Mary Burger
Eagle's Lair Woodshop
Hooper, UT
dusty
Platinum Member

Post by dusty »

jsburger wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 4:08 pm
john_001 wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 1:43 pm We got ours on New Year's Eve, deposited to our bank account. No announcement - it just showed up on our statement.

All interest is taxable income. Even the interest from a tax free annuity it taxable income. It is only tax free until you take it out. Then you pay the tax on it.
I guess that really makes it a tax deferred annuity but then I wouldn't know. I've never had one of those.
"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty