Stimulus Check

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

wrmnfzy
Platinum Member

Re: Stimulus Check

Post by wrmnfzy »

Mine says will be deposited 3/17. It will be nice to get some of MY money back.
jsburger
Platinum Member

Post by jsburger »

Mine was supposed to be 17 March but it showed up today 16 March.
John & Mary Burger
Eagle's Lair Woodshop
Hooper, UT
dusty
Platinum Member

Post by dusty »

It is early in the process but once again it appears as though those who need assistance the most will wait the longest for it to arrive.
Get It.PNG
Get It.PNG (71.93 KiB) Viewed 1776 times
"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty
Sent from my Dell XPS using Firefox.
SkullsquadronX
Gold Member

Post by SkullsquadronX »

It was deposited today
reible
Platinum Member

Post by reible »

No information on my tax refund, electronically sent in Feb 18 or anything on the stimulus money. The IRS had quoted 21 days which will be this Friday but that was then and now is now so how good that estimate was????

The first stimulus money was deposited direct, the second came a check for some reason. I was hoping for this one to be a direct deposit and the same for the IRS refund which is should happen.

So I guess one shouldn't count the chicks before they hatch. My money I think will have to go for a new vehicle, my new van is 21 years old and a lot of rust. Well no shopping until two weeks after my next shot so mid April or so. Gives them more time to do what ever they are doing.

Ed
{Knight of the Shopsmith} [Hero's don't wear capes, they wear dog tags]
jsburger
Platinum Member

Post by jsburger »

reible wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 5:16 pm No information on my tax refund, electronically sent in Feb 18 or anything on the stimulus money. The IRS had quoted 21 days which will be this Friday but that was then and now is now so how good that estimate was????

The first stimulus money was deposited direct, the second came a check for some reason. I was hoping for this one to be a direct deposit and the same for the IRS refund which is should happen.

So I guess one shouldn't count the chicks before they hatch. My money I think will have to go for a new vehicle, my new van is 21 years old and a lot of rust. Well no shopping until two weeks after my next shot so mid April or so. Gives them more time to do what ever they are doing.

Ed
Kind of weird how all this works. I got my tax refund 8 days after my CPA filed it electronically. The first stimulus checks went out on 12 March. The IRS web site said mine would be direct deposited today 17 March but I got it yesterday.
John & Mary Burger
Eagle's Lair Woodshop
Hooper, UT
dusty
Platinum Member

Post by dusty »

I filed my 2020 taxes on Feb 3 and then read on an IRS site that paper processing would not begin for two weeks. So much for being timely. Now I sit here and wait. As I have said before, I am just thankful that I don't need that money to feed kids or pay rent.

I guess I can take the blame for all of this. I have for many years managed my with holdings so that I always owed a few dollars. My Social Security and Pension checks are direct deposit and always have been but not FIT. I may have to change that routine just to get to the front of the line.
"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty
jsburger
Platinum Member

Post by jsburger »

dusty wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 7:23 pm I filed my 2020 taxes on Feb 3 and then read on an IRS site that paper processing would not begin for two weeks. So much for being timely. Now I sit here and wait. As I have said before, I am just thankful that I don't need that money to feed kids or pay rent.

I guess I can take the blame for all of this. I have for many years managed my with holdings so that I always owed a few dollars. My Social Security and Pension checks are direct deposit and always have been but not FIT. I may have to change that routine just to get to the front of the line.
You have to remember that the IRS only uses your direct deposit info from your most recent tax return. If you owe you don't have direct deposit info with the IRS. Yes there is your military retirement and SS. However, they may not go to the same account. When I still had a mortgage on the house my military retirement went to the bank that held the mortgage and my civil service and SS went to a different bank (all direct deposit). Which account does the IRS send the stimulus check to? Originally my wife's civil service check went to a third account. Now they all go to the same account but...

In 2019 I owed federal tax for the first time in a while so there was no direct deposit info on file with the IRS. In 2020 I went on the IRS web site and entered my direct deposit info and got both stimulus checks via direct deposit.

This year we got a refund so the direct deposit info was included with the tax return which was filed before the stimulus checks started going out. So we got ours direct deposited in 4 days.
John & Mary Burger
Eagle's Lair Woodshop
Hooper, UT
dusty
Platinum Member

Post by dusty »

ChrisNeilan wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 11:09 pm I’m employed full time (60 hours a week!) No check for me. As a tier 1b worker, I get my vaccine Friday! Grateful.
If you are a registered tax payer, you will get a check eventually. This "relief program" is not aimed at just those who need assistance.
"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty
reible
Platinum Member

Post by reible »

At least a little news:

"Payment Status
We scheduled your payment to be mailed on March 26, 2021 to the address we have on file for you.

We will mail you a letter with additional information on this payment."

Not quite what I hoped for but still it looks like progress.

Ed
{Knight of the Shopsmith} [Hero's don't wear capes, they wear dog tags]