Stimulus Check

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

jsburger
Platinum Member

Re: Stimulus Check

Post by jsburger »

dusty wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 7:13 pm I got mine in the form of a credit against my 2020 taxes. It came as a reduction in the amount of taxes I owe, aka Stimulus Rebate Credit.

We got checks in 2019 even though our Direct Deposit Info was on file.
I just called my tax man. I asked if the stimulus money was taxable and if we would get a 1099. No it is not taxable, but he wanted to know what we got because in some circumstances you will get a credit on your tax for other reasons.
John & Mary Burger
Eagle's Lair Woodshop
Hooper, UT
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

Perhaps one 'other reason' is for residents of Tucson!(who have recently 'relocated').
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
jsburger
Platinum Member

Post by jsburger »

JPG wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 7:43 pm Perhaps one 'other reason' is for residents of Tucson!(who have recently 'relocated').
:D :D :D
John & Mary Burger
Eagle's Lair Woodshop
Hooper, UT
dusty
Platinum Member

Post by dusty »

Now that we have filed and paid our 2020 taxes and claimed the Stimulus Rebate Credit I expect no additional stimulus money.
"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty
Sent from my Dell XPS using Firefox.
jsburger
Platinum Member

Post by jsburger »

dusty wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 5:40 pm Now that we have filed and paid our 2020 taxes and claimed the Stimulus Rebate Credit I expect no additional stimulus money.
Why? What you claimed was the last $600 per person money. The new Biden money is a totally separate bill and in addition to what we already got.
John & Mary Burger
Eagle's Lair Woodshop
Hooper, UT
jsburger
Platinum Member

Post by jsburger »

Has anyone gotten their stimulus money? The first direct deposits went out yesterday. The IRS web site says ours will be direct deposited on 17 March.
John & Mary Burger
Eagle's Lair Woodshop
Hooper, UT
SkullsquadronX
Gold Member

Post by SkullsquadronX »

That is what mine account says as well jsburger. Was checking my account on the 12 and saw it in pending.
Ed in Tampa
Platinum Member

Post by Ed in Tampa »

Mine was deposited yesterday March 13
dusty
Platinum Member

Post by dusty »

I will most likely not get mine for a week or two or more. We typically owe taxes every year so "direct deposit" has not been established with the IRS.

I have read, however, that for this round the IRS has teamed with DOD and SS and may use their data bases for the required information. What an ingenious solution that will be! I wonder who thought that up. We get our Social Security and pension checks direct deposit. Always have and always at the same bank. Time will tell.
"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty
Sent from my Dell XPS using Firefox.
Hobbyman2
Platinum Member

Post by Hobbyman2 »

We received a txt from the bank last week that said they would start dropping checks Wednesday .
Hobbyman2 Favorite Quote: "If a man does his best, what else is there?"
- General George S. Patton (1885-1945)