Fox in my back yard, the video

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

reible
Platinum Member

Re: Fox in my back yard, the video

Post by reible »

I was just out putting the camera back in place and found that Friday had a nice little bed made in the snow behind the tree where we can't see him. Not sure when that happened but it was not last night as he would have been on the videos since it was quite near the camera. I did get another passing by video but I'll save it for later.

Love how they look with their winter coat.

Still no strong fox odor so maybe this one is not trying to claim a territory, well at least for now. The smell is just short of a skunk spray.

Got my SaveAFox hat today.
saveafox hat.jpg
saveafox hat.jpg (178.22 KiB) Viewed 966 times
So I guess I'm a real fox fan now.

Ed
{Knight of the Shopsmith} [Hero's don't wear capes, they wear dog tags]
reible
Platinum Member

Post by reible »

Must be chickadee Monday?? Well you will have to be alert and listen at the beginning where a chickadee? lands on the camera or tripod then one flies right up to the camera! This is right by the bird feeders so perhaps they thought it might contain food? Sorry guys you have to get in line at the real feeders.

https://youtu.be/atWTBrspSl0

The camera has been back there a while and this was a first.

We just got dumped on with about 8 to 10 inches of snow and I was hoping to watch the Friday wade through it but no such luck. Of course he could have just avoided the camera again.

Ed
reible
Platinum Member

Post by reible »

When we were going out for a walk yesterday I noticed two doves on this small feeder. Doves normally just feed on the ground getting left overs and spills. I guess with all the snow that was not so fun so they decided to land on the feeder, was really surprised at that, and even more so that two would do it.
pairofdoves.jpg
pairofdoves.jpg (87.6 KiB) Viewed 950 times
Got back about an hour later and they were still? there.

Ed
reible
Platinum Member

Post by reible »

It Friday and Friday the fox has three new videos for you to watch. The time of day varies all over the place, in this first video it is about 3:30 in the night when it comes into the yard.

https://youtu.be/Wn69W9U03L0

The middle one is interesting, it appears that Friday had a good day hunting rabbits. In the video you can see Friday carry a rabbit into our backyard. This was at about 12:11 and reappears at 4:09 after his midnight snack.

https://youtu.be/kpp4WnRLZ9o

https://youtu.be/yUPvW-Q0_hQ

Ed
algale
Platinum Member

Post by algale »

Great fox videos, especially the one with the rabbit.
Gale's Law: The bigger the woodworking project, the less the mistakes show in any photo taken far enough away to show the entire project!

reible
Platinum Member

Post by reible »

I'm almost tempted to get a second camera but then there is the tripod, memory card and batteries...... plus I'm upgrading my computer monitor this month and home insurance comes due so I don't see that happening now.

We are at 6 degrees now and with the wind it feels like -10, all the cold weather brings out the foxes coat, really pretty this time of year.

Ed
Ed in Tampa
Platinum Member

Post by Ed in Tampa »

Since you mentioned house insurance, I just got a notice from mine that they will not renew in May. They said they are reducing financial exposure. I read it as they were saying they were over extended. I have found most of my neighbors no longer carry house insurance, the insurance industry here in Florida is a mess.
reible
Platinum Member

Post by reible »

No fox in this video but I found it interesting and entertaining anyway. A rabbit is sitting there and a squirrel jumps down and startles the rabbit or that is what I saw. The rabbit jumps up in the air but doesn't flee. The squirrel goes about it squirrel duties and jumps up on our compost bin. The rabbit follows and looks to see where the squirrel went. Nope not there..... then the rabbit takes the trail around in the direction the squirrel went.

Anyway you can watch it here:

https://youtu.be/akrOIFsmIEg

Ed
RFGuy
Platinum Member

Post by RFGuy »

Ed,

That one is neat with the squirrel and rabbit. Hey, what is all that white stuff in the picture? Don't think I have seen it before. :)
📶RF Guy

Mark V 520 (Bought New '98) | 4" jointer | 6" beltsander | 12" planer | bandsaw | router table | speed reducer | univ. tool rest
Porter Cable 12" Compound Miter Saw | Rikon 8" Low Speed Bench Grinder w/CBN wheels | Jessem Clear-Cut TS™ Stock Guides
Festool (Emerald): DF 500 Q | RO 150 FEQ | OF 1400 EQ | TS 55 REQ | CT 26 E
DC3300 | Shopvac w/ClearVue CV06 Mini Cyclone | JDS AirTech 2000 | Sundstrom PAPR | Dylos DC1100 Pro particulate monitor
jsburger
Platinum Member

Post by jsburger »

reible wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 6:22 pm No fox in this video but I found it interesting and entertaining anyway. A rabbit is sitting there and a squirrel jumps down and startles the rabbit or that is what I saw. The rabbit jumps up in the air but doesn't flee. The squirrel goes about it squirrel duties and jumps up on our compost bin. The rabbit follows and looks to see where the squirrel went. Nope not there..... then the rabbit takes the trail around in the direction the squirrel went.

Anyway you can watch it here:

https://youtu.be/akrOIFsmIEg

Ed
Neat! I guess animals know what other animals they don't have to fear.
John & Mary Burger
Eagle's Lair Woodshop
Hooper, UT