Fox in my back yard, the video

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

reible
Platinum Member

Fox in my back yard, the video

Post by reible »

The other night on my walk I spotted something fast walking up ahead. It crossed under a street light and there was no doubt in my mind that it was a fox.

We live in the Fox Valley area, Fox River, our parks are in the Fox Valley Park District, we live on Fox Hill RD and never in the 40 plus years of living here have we seen a fox, well until the other night on one of my walks. Hoping to catch some action I have been setting my trail camera out. It finally happen, once in the morning and again this afternoon. Yes the camera is going back out tonight!

https://youtu.be/fFCZScxjGaM

https://youtu.be/Jn80I1q2oWw

Ed
{Knight of the Shopsmith} [Hero's don't wear capes, they wear dog tags]
algale
Platinum Member

Re: Fox in my back yard, the video

Post by algale »

Fantastic! I am lucky to somewhat regularly see foxes in my neighborhood and even in my front yard and occasionally in the back yard. Although I have seen them in daylight it is even more frequent after a snowfall to see their prints on my front walk and driveway.
Gale's Law: The bigger the woodworking project, the less the mistakes show in any photo taken far enough away to show the entire project!

reible
Platinum Member

Post by reible »

No new fox videos overnight but...... looking out our back window:
fox sleeping.jpg
fox sleeping.jpg (129.38 KiB) Viewed 2189 times
Not a great picture but shooting from that location is always going to look like that, double glass, plastic and film.....

Camera is out again tonight.

My brother suggested putting out food but I'm inclined not to do that. His son works for "rich" guy who buys pork chops for their foxes. The rich guy is not at that home to often so when he does come he wants to see the foxes around. So he spends his money that way. I guess who are we to judge??

Ed
reible
Platinum Member

Post by reible »

I'm culling the mouse population in my shed and decided to see what might happen if I left a dead one out along where the fox walks. Well it appears that frozen dead mouse if not that appealing even for a fox. The good news is that it is in frame for a while which is a nice thing. And I really like how it spits it back out.......

https://youtu.be/I-cHTcbi9G8

Ed
reible
Platinum Member

Post by reible »

I have three cheap trail cameras and not happy with any of them. The one I'm using now has the audio issue at night as you more then likely heard if you watched the videos. Each of them has their own issues, one just randomly stops working, or has shortened length videos so I can't depend on it for anything, Another has a lot of faults triggers, way to much to watch through to be even remotely fun to do.

So I have bit the bullet and ordered a new camera. It will be here this coming Thursday so I hope the fox stays around so I can test it out on an interesting subject. I did some research and think this one will be the answer to all my hopes and dreams. If I hate it I can always return it so long as I do it soon enough.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0892 ... UTF8&psc=1

With tax I'm looking at just over $205 so it is not cheap. I just hope it doesn't come with any of the issues I am now dealing with. So lets see $600 - $200 = $400......

Ed
jsburger
Platinum Member

Post by jsburger »

reible wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 6:48 pm I have three cheap trail cameras and not happy with any of them. The one I'm using now has the audio issue at night as you more then likely heard if you watched the videos. Each of them has their own issues, one just randomly stops working, or has shortened length videos so I can't depend on it for anything, Another has a lot of faults triggers, way to much to watch through to be even remotely fun to do.

So I have bit the bullet and ordered a new camera. It will be here this coming Thursday so I hope the fox stays around so I can test it out on an interesting subject. I did some research and think this one will be the answer to all my hopes and dreams. If I hate it I can always return it so long as I do it soon enough.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0892 ... UTF8&psc=1

With tax I'm looking at just over $205 so it is not cheap. I just hope it doesn't come with any of the issues I am now dealing with. So lets see $600 - $200 = $400......

Ed
Wow, free shipping but arrival 26-28 Jan??? Three weeks. Never seen that on Amazon for an in stock item.

I assume that is Browning Firearms. John Browning was born in Ogden Utah in 1855. Ogden is about 8 miles east of me. That is where he made his fire arms. There is an absolutely beautiful museum in the Union Pacific Ogden train station of his fire arms. They were donated by his family. Beautiful examples of all (most?) of his creations including his extensive military weapons creations. There are also numerous one off experimental arms that he built himself.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Browning
John & Mary Burger
Eagle's Lair Woodshop
Hooper, UT
reible
Platinum Member

Post by reible »

I don't know if they are part of the Browning Firearms, the web site says "Browning Trail Cameras"???

When I ordered it said:
date.jpg
date.jpg (16.01 KiB) Viewed 1388 times
Ed
jsburger
Platinum Member

Post by jsburger »

It doesn't matter but still a bit slow for Amazon Prime. This is what it is showing now. Maybe your post created a surge. :D
Screenshot_2021-01-09 Amazon com Browning BTC-Patriot-FHD Recon Force Patriot Dual Full HD Trail Camera Sports Outdoors.png
Screenshot_2021-01-09 Amazon com Browning BTC-Patriot-FHD Recon Force Patriot Dual Full HD Trail Camera Sports Outdoors.png (15.19 KiB) Viewed 1378 times
John & Mary Burger
Eagle's Lair Woodshop
Hooper, UT
reible
Platinum Member

Post by reible »

https://youtu.be/NmrGix32Kuw

Fox comes by for an early afternoon visit. It seems to be coming at almost anytime, still have not had a face to face encounter.

Want to name the fox? Name and why gets you entered. I will say the grand kids will have a better chance but if you are really good you still have a chance.

Ed
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

reible wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 4:06 pm https://youtu.be/NmrGix32Kuw

Fox comes by for an early afternoon visit. It seems to be coming at almost anytime, still have not had a face to face encounter.

Want to name the fox? Name and why gets you entered. I will say the grand kids will have a better chance but if you are really good you still have a chance.

Ed
Redd Foxx of course. A close relative to junkyard dog.
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange