aspire marketing

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

wa2crk
Platinum Member

aspire marketing

Post by wa2crk »

This is a warning to all people on this site. If you ever have a computer problem and get a referral to a site that claims to be a microsoft third party help site DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES CONTACT THE SITE. They are NO microsoft affiliate. I got scammed but not for a lot of money but they did fix the problem the first time around. Now the second time around and they want big bucks. I could buy 10 computers for what they want. Once burned twice cautious.
The particular site I am referring to is called Aspire Marketing.
I am posting this to warn all my friends on this site.
Bill V
jsburger
Platinum Member

Re: aspire marketing

Post by jsburger »

Details please. Email, phone call? Do you have good paid anti-virus/anti-malware software installed? I thought everyone knew these Microsoft sites, emails, etc. were all scams. :eek:

You say they fixed the problem the first time. Did you have a problem or did they convince you that you did? What they did was install malware on your computer. Now they want big money to fix what they did.
John & Mary Burger
Eagle's Lair Woodshop
Hooper, UT
wa2crk
Platinum Member

Post by wa2crk »

JS
We had virus protection on both computers. My wife clicked on the info and her computer was infected, mine is OK.
It was disguised as a Microsoft and had a microsoft logo so she clicked. They actually fixed the problem the first time probably to lull us into a sense of security. The computer now actually works but it will not access the internet.
Will have to go to a local trustworthy computer shop. Sorry for my rant but I am very frustrated.
Bill V
JS I do have a phone number but my wife already put the file away
garys
Platinum Member

Post by garys »

I get similar calls all the time telling me that my Microsoft computer is sending errors and they will fix it for me. The problem is that I don't have a Microsoft computer or any other product from Microsoft, so that tells me how stupid they are.

I also get the calls from "Apple" telling me that my Icloud account has been hacked. The problem there is that I don't have an Icloud account or any Apple device so they are just as stupid as the other guys.

Then, I get the ones telling me that my Amazon account is being billed for something. Again, I don't have an Amazon account so that is a lie too.

Or, another regular call is from the guys who tell me that they can lower the interest rate on my credit cards. But, I don't use credit cards so why would I care about interest rates?

I have a small handheld audio recorder that I keep by my phone. When any of the scammers call, I simply play my robo-recording for them like they do to me. And, I don't click on the popup crap on the internet. Use a good popup blocker on any computer on the internet.

I don't think the scammers like me.
chapmanruss
Platinum Member

Post by chapmanruss »

The barrage of this garbage is constant. Yesterday I received about ten calls in three hours to my cell phone all from different "local" (yeah right) phone numbers all leaving the same ICloud BS message. I don't use ICloud. After the first few calls I turned my phone off only to find the rest of the messages later after turning it back on. I spend more time ignoring phone calls than I do answering them because they are from unknown numbers. If I don't know your number I don't answer your call. Leave a message and I'll delete it later.
Russ

Mark V completely upgraded to Mark 7
Mark V 520
All SPT's & 2 Power Stations
Model 10ER S/N R64000 first one I restored on bench w/ metal ends & retractable casters.
Has Speed Changer, 4E Jointer, Jig Saw with lamp, a complete set of original accessories & much more.
Model 10E's S/N's 1076 & 1077 oldest ones I have restored. Mark 2 S/N 85959 restored. Others to be restored.
roy_okc
Platinum Member

Post by roy_okc »

Gee, I feel deprived. I only get spam calls about my car's extended warranty that "recently expired."
Roy

Mark V/510, Mark V/500 with parts for 510 upgrade, bandsaw, jointer, belt sander, DC3300 w/1 micron bag
Sawstop 3HP 36" PCS w/router table insert
Home designed and built CNC router, another CNC router :D desktop size
CNCed G0704 milling machine
Laser engraver
Way too much other stuff and not enough space :rolleyes:
jsburger
Platinum Member

Post by jsburger »

For what ever reason I get very few ROBO calls. Less than one a day. I have never answered a call from a number I don't recognize. Many people don't have that luxury depending on their job. Yes, many of them spoof a local number. I figure if the caller really wants to talk to me they can leave a voice mail.
John & Mary Burger
Eagle's Lair Woodshop
Hooper, UT
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

One of my responses to those warranty calls is to say I have a 1919 Hupmobile.! Loooong periods of silence follow!
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
garys
Platinum Member

Post by garys »

It does seem to me that the scam calls slowed down a lot over the Thanksgiving-Christmas-New Years holidays and haven't yet quite ramped fully back up. Maybe all the scammers took a long vacation and will be back as soon as they spend all the stolen money.
rpd
Platinum Member

Post by rpd »

garys wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 1:06 pm It does seem to me that the scam calls slowed down a lot over the Thanksgiving-Christmas-New Years holidays and haven't yet quite ramped fully back up. Maybe all the scammers took a long vacation and will be back as soon as they spend all the stolen money.
I think we were benefiting from COVID lock downs in India. ;)
Ron Dyck
==================================================================
10ER #23430, 10ER #84609, 10ER #94987,two SS A-34 jigsaws for 10ER.
1959 Mark 5 #356595 Greenie, SS Magna Jointer, SS planer, SS bandsaw, SS scroll saw (gray), DC3300,