font size

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

jsburger
Platinum Member

Re: font size

Post by jsburger »

reible wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 8:04 pm You can customize your setting to have this appear or go to the 3 horizontal bars on the far right and click that. A drop down appears with many many options including this one. I like to have mine set to 110% but this is because of the other factors that happen depending on other settings. We will not go into all that since the simple approach is so easy to do.

Ed
The other thing is that you can have different pages set to different %'s .
John & Mary Burger
Eagle's Lair Woodshop
Hooper, UT
BuckeyeDennis
Platinum Member

Post by BuckeyeDennis »

Better yet, hold down the <Ctrl> key on your PC keyboard, while rolling the scroll wheel on your mouse. This will zoom most applications in and out, quick & easy. It's especially handy for zooming in to see image details.
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

Now for clarification, WHAT is providing these scaling functions?

Operating system(Windows...)?
Browser(Firefox...)?
Web site?
???
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
rogersk
Gold Member

Post by rogersk »

BuckeyeDennis wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:08 am Better yet, hold down the <Ctrl> key on your PC keyboard, while rolling the scroll wheel on your mouse. This will zoom most applications in and out, quick & easy. It's especially handy for zooming in to see image details.
I didn't know this trick. Just tried it in Firefox on my Mac and it works well. I always view this forum at 133% by clicking three times on a zoom button I have positioned in the tool bar at the top of the browser. The scroll wheel trick is faster. Thanks!
reible
Platinum Member

Post by reible »

So let's go a step farther if you are a windows 10 user. In the search bar type "adjust cleartype text" Note it is going to show up some where along your typing so you should not have to type out the whole thing. If need be chick the box for using cleartype and then follow the directions. It makes a good deal of difference for me but your results might vary.

Now you can try going to the "all settings" then "ease of access" where you can do all sorts of fun things including changing your windows font size or make everything bigger......

Windows 10 also has a magnifier, the keyboard short cut is windows logo key and the + keys.

Ed
{Knight of the Shopsmith} [Hero's don't wear capes, they wear dog tags]
dusty
Platinum Member

Post by dusty »

WOW Big improvement with cleartype text. My two monitors are actually the same and easier to read (especially the secondary monitor) Thanks Ed.
"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty
Sent from my Dell XPS using Firefox.
db5
Platinum Member

Post by db5 »

A quick way to do this with almost any site is to press ctrl and use the scroll wheel on the electronic rodent (forward for larger and rearward for smaller).