555937 Shopsmith Adjustable Stop Collar

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

DLB
Platinum Member

Re: 555937 Shopsmith Adjustable Stop Collar

Post by DLB »

sanipod wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 12:14 pm I recently purchased two adjustable collars with scales. SS sent me two collars and ONE set of scales. When I wrote to customer service and asked where the other set of scales was, they said the bundle included two collars but only one set of scales. How ridiculous is that. I wrote back to them and said their ad was misleading and they should send a second set of scales or send an RMA number so I could return the order. I have not heard from them yet. Has anyone else had this problem?
I agree with you, should be two sets of scales. I'm assuming you bought kit 556435: https://www.shopsmith.com/ownersite/cat ... collar.htm

Clearly says two. And the price is higher than two stop collars (as a kit) plus one set of scales.

- David
dusty
Platinum Member

Post by dusty »

DLB wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 2:13 pm
sanipod wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 12:14 pm I recently purchased two adjustable collars with scales. SS sent me two collars and ONE set of scales. When I wrote to customer service and asked where the other set of scales was, they said the bundle included two collars but only one set of scales. How ridiculous is that. I wrote back to them and said their ad was misleading and they should send a second set of scales or send an RMA number so I could return the order. I have not heard from them yet. Has anyone else had this problem?
I agree with you, should be two sets of scales. I'm assuming you bought kit 556435: https://www.shopsmith.com/ownersite/cat ... collar.htm

Clearly says two. And the price is higher than two stop collars (as a kit) plus one set of scales.

- David
Whether it is clear or not sorta depends on which part number is being discussed. Which part number was ordered.
stop collar ad.PNG
stop collar ad.PNG (91.9 KiB) Viewed 785 times
"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty
Sent from my Dell XPS using Firefox.
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

Sorta 'on' topic, but recently I was in a national grocery chain that had a buy 5 get a dollar off each special. There were only three items on the shelf.

I went to "customer service" and upon explaining the 'situation' was informed that since there was not sufficient items on the shelf I could NOT get he product at the reduced price(the individual was obviously of a different generation than I since to me it was a no-brainer to simply let me purchase the three items at the reduced price each).

I expressed my disbelief at hearing that response. Whereupon he asked another cs person who was of a generation between the two of us and was informed to simply do what I described above.

Now what has this to do with the discussion at hand. I perceive an inability by the younger generations to recognize what is the right thing to do when a customer is not getting what the 'store' promise due to the store not delivering on that promise.

The attitude seems to be "sorry about yer luck".

I think the same mind set exists at SS cs as well as many other places).
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
jsburger
Platinum Member

Post by jsburger »

Lack of proper training is also a factor.
John & Mary Burger
Eagle's Lair Woodshop
Hooper, UT
rogersk
Gold Member

Post by rogersk »

Deleted post. Someone beat me to the punch, again. I never learn. :(
edma194
Platinum Member

Post by edma194 »

JPG wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 8:37 pm Sorta 'on' topic, but recently I was in a national grocery chain that had a buy 5 get a dollar off each special. There were only three items on the shelf.

I went to "customer service" and upon explaining the 'situation' was informed that since there was not sufficient items on the shelf I could NOT get he product at the reduced price(the individual was obviously of a different generation than I since to me it was a no-brainer to simply let me purchase the three items at the reduced price each).

I expressed my disbelief at hearing that response. Whereupon he asked another cs person who was of a generation between the two of us and was informed to simply do what I described above.

Now what has this to do with the discussion at hand. I perceive an inability by the younger generations to recognize what is the right thing to do when a customer is not getting what the 'store' promise due to the store not delivering on that promise.
Unfortunately the younger generation has to live in the world we created. We wanted low cost high availability of everything from nuts and bolts to vacuum cleaners and that was achieved by reducing all transactions to numbers. Kids grow up in this world where every choice has an SKU number or something like it, and if you can't point the scanner gun at it to pick up that info then it doesn't exist. Kids don't need to know how to make change, the cash register does that for them. They might not even have to handle money or look at amounts at all, just put the card in the machine and all you have to do is wait for it to say approved.

In their world it all makes sense.
Ed from Rhode Island

510 PowerPro Double Tilt:Greenie PowerPro Drill Press:500 Sanding Shorty w/Belt&Strip Sanders
Super Sawsmith 2000:Scroll Saw w/Stand:Joint-Matic:Power Station:Power Stand:Bandsaw:Joiner:Jigsaw
1961 Goldie:1960 Sawsmith RAS:10ER
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

So they do not know enough to realize it doesn't?
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
edma194
Platinum Member

Post by edma194 »

JPG wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 1:03 pm So they do not know enough to realize it doesn't?
Pretty much. When do they get a chance to see things that make sense?
Ed from Rhode Island

510 PowerPro Double Tilt:Greenie PowerPro Drill Press:500 Sanding Shorty w/Belt&Strip Sanders
Super Sawsmith 2000:Scroll Saw w/Stand:Joint-Matic:Power Station:Power Stand:Bandsaw:Joiner:Jigsaw
1961 Goldie:1960 Sawsmith RAS:10ER