My new business venture

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

rjent
Platinum Member

Re: My new business venture

Post by rjent »

Here is a project that I built with Dennis's wonderful system. Just amazing...
Attachments
Exploded view #1
Exploded view #1
routerfence002.jpg (91.9 KiB) Viewed 2326 times
Exploded view #2
Exploded view #2
routerfence003.jpg (85.71 KiB) Viewed 2326 times
Sliding blocks
Sliding blocks
routerfence004.jpg (59.2 KiB) Viewed 2326 times
In place ready to go
In place ready to go
routerfence010.jpg (57.23 KiB) Viewed 2326 times
Dick
1965 Mark VII S/N 407684
1951 10 ER S/N ER 44570 -- Reborn 9/16/14
1950 10 ER S/N ER 33479 Reborn July 2016
1950 10 ER S/N ER 39671
1951 jigsaw X 2
1951 !0 ER #3 in rebuild
500, Jointer, Bsaw, Bsander, Planer
2014 Mark 7 W/Lift assist - 14 4" Jointer - DC3300
And a plethora of small stuff .....

"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that you can never know if they are genuine." - Benjamin Franklin
BuckeyeDennis
Platinum Member

Post by BuckeyeDennis »

Hey gang, I've been remiss in keeping you updated on the WoodAnchor product launch. This "solopreneur" stuff has been keeping me insanely busy, but things are going swimmingly.

As those of you who signed up for ToolQuest email updates may already know, we lanched the WoodAnchor product line on March 16 on Kickstarter. And we're just about to reach our $10K funding goal, quite likely tonight. If you haven't seen it yet, I think you'd find our Kickstarter page pretty interesting.

If any of you would like to try out the system for yourself, there's still a handful of "early-bird special" starter kits available for June delivery. After those are spoken for, the next batch of custom Whiteside router bits isn't expected to be available for delivery until July. It would be great if the order that puts us over the top came from one of you guys!
RFGuy
Platinum Member

Post by RFGuy »

Congrats Dennis on nearing your goal on Kickstarter! Looking forward to getting mine and trying it out.
:)
📶RF Guy

Mark V 520 (Bought New '98) | 4" jointer | 6" beltsander | 12" planer | bandsaw | router table | speed reducer | univ. tool rest
Porter Cable 12" Compound Miter Saw | Rikon 8" Low Speed Bench Grinder w/CBN wheels | Jessem Clear-Cut TS™ Stock Guides
Festool (Emerald): DF 500 Q | RO 150 FEQ | OF 1400 EQ | TS 55 REQ | CT 26 E
DC3300 | Shopvac w/ClearVue CV06 Mini Cyclone | JDS AirTech 2000 | Sundstrom PAPR | Dylos DC1100 Pro particulate monitor
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

You have just met the 10k goal. ;)
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
BuckeyeDennis
Platinum Member

Post by BuckeyeDennis »

JPG wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 6:26 pm You have just met the 10k goal. ;)
Awesome, thanks Red! :)
BuckeyeDennis
Platinum Member

Post by BuckeyeDennis »

RFGuy wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 6:11 pm Congrats Dennis on nearing your goal on Kickstarter! Looking forward to getting mine and trying it out.
:)
And a special thanks to you, RFGuy. Not only were you one of ToolQuest’s earliest backers (#4, in fact), but I finally had time last week to implement your suggestions regarding the Kickstarter add-on item descriptions. After I cleaned those up, I’ve seen a definite increase in the number of visitors who become backers. :)
roy_okc
Platinum Member

Post by roy_okc »

Dennis,

This looks like a great product, backed for the kit plus maxed button head and bare sliding nut add-ons. I'm planning on using heavily on my CNCs, where I envision dedicating up to 8 on my small machine and 10, 12, or more on my mid machine.
Roy

Mark V/510, Mark V/500 with parts for 510 upgrade, bandsaw, jointer, belt sander, DC3300 w/1 micron bag
Sawstop 3HP 36" PCS w/router table insert
Home designed and built CNC router, another CNC router :D desktop size
CNCed G0704 milling machine
Laser engraver
Way too much other stuff and not enough space :rolleyes:
BuckeyeDennis
Platinum Member

Post by BuckeyeDennis »

roy_okc wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 12:19 pm Dennis,

This looks like a great product, backed for the kit plus maxed button head and bare sliding nut add-ons. I'm planning on using heavily on my CNCs, where I envision dedicating up to 8 on my small machine and 10, 12, or more on my mid machine.
Thank you Roy! I've been getting quite a bit of feedback indicating that CNC spoilboards should be a great market niche for the WoodAnchor system. Sehast made a spoilboard for his CNC using his Beta-test kit, and tells me that it works great. Personally, I still have a lot to learn about the application, so I may be shooting some questions your way.

By the way, we should have plenty of sliding nuts available on toolquest.net by June. The router bits have the longest lead times, but I already have enough in stock for Kickstarter Batch #1.
roy_okc
Platinum Member

Post by roy_okc »

BuckeyeDennis wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 12:39 pm Thank you Roy! I've been getting quite a bit of feedback indicating that CNC spoilboards should be a great market niche for the WoodAnchor system. Sehast made a spoilboard for his CNC using his Beta-test kit, and tells me that it works great. Personally, I still have a lot to learn about the application, so I may be shooting some questions your way.

By the way, we should have plenty of sliding nuts available on toolquest.net by June. The router bits have the longest lead times, but I already have enough in stock for Kickstarter Batch #1.
Dennis,

I will be glad to chime in on any CNC questions, to the best of my ability.

I can think of two things for my own use.

1) Nuts with no holes/inserts that I could drill and tap myself directly into the plastic with 1/4" and/or 5/16" holes/threads. I'm probably one of very few CNCers who use no metal above the spoil board for hold down purposes. Instead, when I need to bolt something, I use nylon bolts which are surprisingly strong. However, my experience with these with brass inserts is mixed, with some holes being difficult to get the bolt in. Most of this is due to a very sharp starting point on the insert due to surfacing the bed which includes shaving off a bit of the insert (I won't be using inserts the next time I replace the spoil board on my mid machine), but some is just metal vs nylon contact.

2) Taller "neck(?)" portion (without knowing the current nut's total height). This may be more common for those who use two sheets of material, usually MDF, on their beds, like I generally do, one for attaching to the machine and one above that gets surfaced down initially and then periodically when it gets scarred up. I initially envision putting the slots into the lower board and then spoil "slats" above. Having a taller neck area would reduce the need for the number of different bolt lengths, hopefully to 1/2" increments. The workaround with the current nut may be to route a 1/4" or so deep groove below the nut area for the bolt to descend in to when needed. Just rough estimating, I'd think 5/8-3/4" tall would be about right.
Roy

Mark V/510, Mark V/500 with parts for 510 upgrade, bandsaw, jointer, belt sander, DC3300 w/1 micron bag
Sawstop 3HP 36" PCS w/router table insert
Home designed and built CNC router, another CNC router :D desktop size
CNCed G0704 milling machine
Laser engraver
Way too much other stuff and not enough space :rolleyes:
rjent
Platinum Member

Post by rjent »

Great news Dennis! I know I am using mine extensively for a lot of jigs. Working on a glue up jig for my floating panels.
Best idea to come around in years!
Dick
1965 Mark VII S/N 407684
1951 10 ER S/N ER 44570 -- Reborn 9/16/14
1950 10 ER S/N ER 33479 Reborn July 2016
1950 10 ER S/N ER 39671
1951 jigsaw X 2
1951 !0 ER #3 in rebuild
500, Jointer, Bsaw, Bsander, Planer
2014 Mark 7 W/Lift assist - 14 4" Jointer - DC3300
And a plethora of small stuff .....

"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that you can never know if they are genuine." - Benjamin Franklin