My new business venture

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

BuckeyeDennis
Platinum Member

Re: My new business venture

Post by BuckeyeDennis »

JPG wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 9:50 pm Well I attempted to repeat(and document via scnhunt) the sequence, but it worked(twice). So maybe a glitch!

FWIW when I was in never ending loop, it did NOT show the pix to select panels from after the initial loop.(sometimes!)
“Glitch” is too-kind term for an intermittent bug. We’ll do our best to track it down!
DLB
Platinum Member

Post by DLB »

Elegant solution! This is really nice Dennis, endless possibilities. Any issues with routing the tracks?

- David
BuckeyeDennis
Platinum Member

Post by BuckeyeDennis »

DLB wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 10:46 pm Elegant solution! This is really nice Dennis, endless possibilities. Any issues with routing the tracks?

- David
Not with production hardware. I initially tried going with a low-cost vendor for the router bits, but that didn’t work out so well. After partnering with Whiteside Mfg., milling the fixturing slots has become a non-problem. :)
dusty
Platinum Member

Post by dusty »

I have viewed your website and studied your current projects. I am very impressed with everything I have seen. Congratulations. I wish you only more of the best. I will watching for a go-live with your products.

One other thought. Have you considered marketing your 3d print service?
"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty
Sent from my Dell XPS using Firefox.
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

BuckeyeDennis wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 10:09 pm
JPG wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 9:50 pm Well I attempted to repeat(and document via scnhunt) the sequence, but it worked(twice). So maybe a glitch!

FWIW when I was in never ending loop, it did NOT show the pix to select panels from after the initial loop.(sometimes!)
“Glitch” is too-kind term for an intermittent bug. We’ll do our best to track it down!
I hope it was not a cockpit problem! :o
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
BuckeyeDennis
Platinum Member

Post by BuckeyeDennis »

dusty wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 7:40 am I have viewed your website and studied your current projects. I am very impressed with everything I have seen. Congratulations. I wish you only more of the best. I will watching for a go-live with your products.

One other thought. Have you considered marketing your 3d print service?
Thank you very much, Dusty. It's been a long road, but the launch is in sight.

I have only a small, inexpensive 3D printer that I use for prototyping. So no, I haven't considered doing it commercially. But I'm curious why you ask. I believe that the only 3D-printed component shown on the ToolQuest website is the black cam clamp in the pic below.

Sliding clamp lowres.JPG
Sliding clamp lowres.JPG (66.24 KiB) Viewed 1984 times
bainin
Platinum Member

Post by bainin »

Very nice work Buckeye. I wish you all the best on this new adventure.
I sometimes dream at night about marrying my semiconductor fabrication background to woodworking tools...then drift off to sleep :)

Making this compatible with the existing hardware accessories will go a long way toward adoption.

b
dusty
Platinum Member

Post by dusty »

"I believe that the only 3D-printed component shown on the ToolQuest website is the black cam clamp in the pic below".

My mistake: I thought that the WoodAnchor Sliding Nuts were a 3dprinted production item of yours.
"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty
Sent from my Dell XPS using Firefox.
BuckeyeDennis
Platinum Member

Post by BuckeyeDennis »

bainin wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 11:12 am Very nice work Buckeye. I wish you all the best on this new adventure.
I sometimes dream at night about marrying my semiconductor fabrication background to woodworking tools...then drift off to sleep :)

Making this compatible with the existing hardware accessories will go a long way toward adoption.

b
Thanks, bainin. And yes, compatibility with standard fixturing accessories was the reason I went with 1/4"-20 hardware. (I can also do M6, and probably will at some point for overseas markets.) Smaller hardware would have been a lot easier to fit, but compatibility would have suffered.
Last edited by BuckeyeDennis on Thu Jan 21, 2021 12:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BuckeyeDennis
Platinum Member

Post by BuckeyeDennis »

dusty wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 11:51 am "I believe that the only 3D-printed component shown on the ToolQuest website is the black cam clamp in the pic below".

My mistake: I thought that the WoodAnchor Sliding Nuts were a 3dprinted production item of yours.
Ah so. I did 3D-print some early prototypes, but they didn't even come close to meeting my strength targets for production units. The sliding nuts shown on the website are all injection-molded, from a rather expensive engineering-grade thermoplastic. The ones that aren't merely Fusion 360 renderings, that is.