Surface pro question

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

Ed in Tampa
Platinum Member

Surface pro question

Post by Ed in Tampa »

I know some of you have mentioned you have a Microsoft surface pro or laptop in that line. Anyone with at least a few months experience? What do you have? How do you like it. Do you have any regrets? Anything you wish you had done different. Any problems? How was service?
bainin
Platinum Member

Re: Surface pro question

Post by bainin »

I carried a Surface for work for 5 years from East to West Coast every month. Very light, easily fit into a carryon-which was normally all I took on trips.

It was fast enough for Office , JMP Statistics and image processing. Finally at about 4.5 years, the insta-connector for
the keyboard started to have some very limited intermittent contact issues, rendering the keyboard unusable from time to time. Removing and re-attaching fixed it.So it wasnt a big deal-just annoying.

As it was a company computer, and I was the last one using one...they took it away and gave me something newer..but not another Surface :/

It had very limited number of external ports-which may or may not be an issue for you. Given the choice of another Surface or the Dell they gave me as a replacement, I would have opted for the Surface -not knowing anything about the Dell and knowing that I was happy with the Surface.

b
reible
Platinum Member

Post by reible »

The surface pro and the dell xps were my finalist and I went with the dell but the surface pro would have a good choice too. I was looking at things like the i7 processor, 16Gb memory, graphics boost, high res screen and touch screen. I also wanted something small like 13" no bigger. I briefly looked at some gaming laptops which had better performance but also a higher price tag........ still ended up spending a bit more then I had planned.

Ed
{Knight of the Shopsmith} [Hero's don't wear capes, they wear dog tags]
dusty
Platinum Member

Post by dusty »

I have a Surface Pro and I am very pleased with it. If I ever need to replace it it will be with a Surface Pro.

and it doesn't wobble at all :rolleyes:
"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty
Sent from my Dell XPS using Firefox.