contacting forum members

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

jsburger
Platinum Member

Re: contacting forum members

Post by jsburger »

I also get the same as everyone else, no members.
John & Mary Burger
Eagle's Lair Woodshop
Hooper, UT
DLB
Platinum Member

Post by DLB »

Same. I think those who are seeing more options might be those who volunteered to help with screening new members to reduce SPAM.(?) Some status falling between Admin and member.(?) Admin should determine if this is the intent.

- David
jsburger
Platinum Member

Post by jsburger »

DLB wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 2:31 pm Same. I think those who are seeing more options might be those who volunteered to help with screening new members to reduce SPAM.(?) Some status falling between Admin and member.(?) Admin should determine if this is the intent.

- David
That is what one of those volunteers said in another thread when the board software was first updated and someone asked what happened to the member list.
John & Mary Burger
Eagle's Lair Woodshop
Hooper, UT
BigSky
Gold Member

Post by BigSky »

DLB wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 2:31 pm Same. I think those who are seeing more options might be those who volunteered to help with screening new members to reduce SPAM.(?) Some status falling between Admin and member.(?) Admin should determine if this is the intent.

- David
I doubt that ADMIN would allocate page format change authority which would be software changes to volunteers.
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

BigSky wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 3:25 pm

- David
I doubt that ADMIN would allocate page format change authority which would be software changes to volunteers.
Moderators do have different menus on different pages. The one Ed posted is an example of one differing from all 'normal' members. Moderators cannot reformat pages.
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange